39 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

there is a company that has created fake accounts and are pretending to be brides to advertise themselves.

please let us know if they have pm'd you or you see any other posts about them.

you have to wonder about them if they created 3 accounts to spam the forum.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

Seriously? Three? That's just a little too creepy.

Thanks for looking out for us Tammy!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

Thanks, Tammy!

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
    • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Wholly Smokes.. this is who my flowers are from... YIKES!!!

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Wow, good looking out Tammy.

I hope they have a good product for your sake, Amanda. It is a shame that vendors can't be content to be happy about the business they get from referrals and follow the rules.

I don't advertise in print at all, my clients are strictly word of mouth. I stay plenty busy and have a high quality clientele.

#6 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Holy crap! This is the company I was going to use based on what other brides have said on this forum

#7 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Busted!!! I love it when they think they are being super sneaky and Tammy catches them red handed. Like creating an account pretending to be a bride to solicit their own company hasn't been done before!!
            Happily married since 2008

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 2bebridejamaica
            Wholly Smokes.. this is who my flowers are from... YIKES!!!
            well you may want to let them know that not only are they banned but their unscrupulous business practices were exposed.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MarieSam
            Holy crap! This is the company I was going to use based on what other brides have said on this forum
            they may not have been brides...they may have been this vendor pretending to be a bride.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

Being dishonest with BDW members is not good for business....bad move!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
              Busted!!! I love it when they think they are being super sneaky and Tammy catches them red handed. Like creating an account pretending to be a bride to solicit their own company hasn't been done before!!
              it was actually alyssa that busted them...our mods are hard at work all the time!

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users