FMIL wants to give me a bridal shower....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Ali_P

• 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

I would accept graciously. If she's that excited about it, declining an offer like this may hurt her feelings, setting the stage for things to come. Let her know that if she does it, make it a low-key event. Enjoy it for what it is, a day to celebrate and bond with your FMIL. Then spend the rest of the weekend in your pj's :)

#12 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

I would also say yes-- it's a way to bond with his family and make them feel included. FI's mom is hosting a shower for us about 9 hours away from where we live, and my mom's friends are doing the same, just 9 hours in a different direction!

#13 aeroo

• 153 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

I also did not want a shower, but my friends ended up throwing me a surprise shower, and it was a lot of fun. If you don't mind, I say go for it! You could be pleasantly surprised.

#14 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Thank you ladies. You are 100% right, I will have a great time.

Plus I would like to do something for my FMIL, she is a great lady. She has been so supportive and I know how much she loves to plan things. We still have over 2 years till the wedding and she already bought orange and white ribbon with our names on it for the shower! LOL

#15 FLgator

• 253 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

I am in the same situation. Initially I told FMIL not too worry about it b/c airfare was too expensive...we live in FL and she is in RI.

Well, she kept bringing it up, and saying that her family kept asking and giving her dirty looks b/c I wasn't having one. So finally airfare went on sale and we decided to do it the same weekend that FI will go up for his bachelor party thrown by his brother. I figured that they are giving us a lot of money to put towards the wedding, so if this makes her happy then I can just suck it up.

You may just want to let her, it can't hurt (I hope!) Good luck!

#16 trophywife

• 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Who's suppose to do it traditionally anyways??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users