Photo

MOH speech--I'M the MOH

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hmj

hmj
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hi All! Quick question... I'm the MOH in a wedding this weekend and I'm wondering when I give my speech? Am I the first to go? If so, do I just interrupt dinner and start talking or how's that work? My speech is all written and everything's a go, but I'm starting to freak out about interrupting dinner! This is my 2nd MOH speech, don't remember being so nervous the first time around! :-) Thanks!!

#2 Karen

Karen
    • 1,308 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

I would consult with the bride about this and how she wants things to go. If there is a DJ or band leader, he or she will most likely be the MC and announce you when it's time for your speech. This was the case when I was the MOH for one of my friends who had a large traditional wedding. Last year i was MOH for another friend at her small DW of 15. I just waited until everyone was seated and had their drinks. I then hit my fork on my champange glas and asked for everyone's attention for my toast.
      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

Generally the Best Man is the Toast Master of the wedding and arranges when they happen. Talk to the bride and ask her what she knows.

#4 adias.angel

adias.angel
        • 719 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

When I was MOH for my friend I gave mine after the best man.

#5 Anna83

Anna83
          • 288 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

At the weddings that I have been to recently, the Best Man gave his speech first, so hopefully you can follow his lead.

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

every wedding i've been to the MOH goes first. usually right after people sit down for dinner

#7 ~Debra~

~Debra~
              • 500 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

I gave my speech when I was MOH in a wedding after the Best Man but the DJ was the MC and he coordinated when it happened...sometime after dinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users