Necklace to wear with Sweetheart neckline

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 JHarwood2Be

• 687 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

Out of those 3 I prefer the vintage rounded swarovski. I also think a drop pendant would be nice, but short enough that you have a few inches between the dress and the pendant.
    Photography by Tamm's Photos

#12 tvt

• VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

carly, you should post a pic of your dress without a necklace, and with the necklace... just so we can see what you mean!

I was leaning against a necklace so your post intrigued me!

#13 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hmmmm, ok, I will go on the hunt to see if there are any that make that clear.

Ok, these probably aren't the best pictures, but here ya go. The one from JA Mel made for me, and it shows my neckline the best. The one from the AHR, I just feel like it completed my look more, or something. There was so much empty skin.
        BTW - I tried to make them small, but then you couldn't even see the necklace or lack of, so these are kinda large...
        Click the image to open in full size.

#14 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

I can't see the pictures yet (still at work...), but that is basically what I'm concerned about...

I want to wear SOMETHING...as a bare neck/chest I think will make me feel even more naked! Don't get me wrong, I love my dress...but...I'm so NOT a dress person, and I think the necklace for me will be...that extra needed coverage.

#15 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

I would go with the rounded necklace b/c you want to draw people's eyes up towards your face rather than down towards your cleavage. I think drop necklaces are better for halter necklines and v-necks, IMHO.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#16 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

That's really pretty Carly!

#17 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

My favorite of the options you posted is the vintage round necklace, because the beads have length but it's not a long necklace.
                The rounded Swarovski round necklace is too round and close to the neck.
                The y-shaped necklace with a long drop is too long for your neckline (not enough length between your neck and cleavage.

All this is obviously IMHO!

I love the suggestion of a single focal bead on a chain. I think that's my favorite option so far.
                It could be an oval or a teardrop that is flat too.

#18 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

I have a sweetheart neckline as well and I am wearing a lariat. It is beautiful and looks great with the dress

#19 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! Really...such a little detail can consume my wedding thoughts!

Big or small...you guys are always such big helps.

I'm leaning more toward a simple, elegant necklace, such as a simple gold chain/rope with a single, slightly dropped pendant, like the one suggested before. I'd love something clear crystal I think, to match the detailing on my dress...and I'd love for the back to have a bit of chain that drops down my back. (If you see anything at all that you think might be suitable...fire away pics)!!

I think I will keep the earrings simple as well...something complimentary to the necklace...

Any more suggestions are certainly welcome!

#20 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

Just a quick update, for anyone interested!

I found a necklace that I love...and picked it up tonight.

I've found some wonderful earrings through an Etsy seller, and hope to have them in a few weeks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users