Honeymoons for Puerto Vallarta Destination Weddings...?
Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:43 AM
| Originally Posted by clmarti1 |
Mel, where in Sayulita do you recommend? I was looking into Playa Escondida.
I stayed at Playa Escondida from May 10-17th of last year. I have tons of info on this hotel, and pics as well. PM me for pictures, and I'll give you a long review.
Does anyone else want to know about PE? I think I've written about it before on this thread. Do a search, and PM for more info. I'm very happy to share!
Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:50 AM
| Originally Posted by Jess |
oh nice! yeah we want to get out of town for a few nights as I figure we will be partying a lot with our guests. Any reccomendations would be great! That new Dreams VillaMagna does look pretty incredible though!
Do you prefer an all-inclusive or a boutique hotel?
There are some great suggestions on this thread as well. Casa de Mita recommended by pazoop looks like a wonderful boutique hotel. Pazoop, have you been there yet? I'm not sure what your wedding date is...
If I was going to stay at another AI in Nuevo, I would choose the Vallarta Palace based on Trip Advisor reviews.
Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:55 PM
Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:39 PM
| Originally Posted by Jess |
Hey Mel - we are open to a boutique or all-inclusive really...any ideas?
We're going from a boutique hotel to an all-inclusive. If I was you, I'd probably want to go to a smaller hotel after getting married at Dreams. These are some options for you:
1. Casa de Mita in Punta Mita (recommended earlier in this thread & it looks amazing!!!)
2. Villa Amor in Sayulita- Sayulita is a really fun little town.
3. Playa Escondida- rustic but beautiful, outside of Sayulita
4. Playa Fiesta- they might have a wedding while you are there, so you might be over weddings by then. This is where I'm getting married, but I've read awesome reviews from guests who were not associated with a wedding party.
5. Grand Velas in Nuevo looks amazing, but $$$
6. 4 Seasons in Punta Mita, also $$$
7. We were going to do the Dreams Villamagna in NV, but I'm over the bad reviews, so now I'm try to change our reso to the Riu Palace, which looks amazing- but IMHO it will be a lot like Dreams PV.
8. Last suggestion is to find a nice place in Zihuantanejo. I think it's a couple of hours away by car.
Hope this gives you a lot of good ideas!
Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:15 AM
I know what you mean about Dreams VillaMagna - I think the bad reviews are just because it is so new though - it is tough to open a brand new resort. The property itself looks amazing though, and I'm in love with the freestanding bathtubs! Maybe check back with the reviews in a month or so? I hope it gets better.
Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:38 AM
We are arriving on Wed and getting married the next Tuesday (at Dreams PV). Since we'll be there a while, and most of our guests will arrive on Friday and we will have time with them, we want to leave PV for our honeymoon. We actually had our wedding on a Tuesday exactly so we would have more time with our guests. This hasn't been a problem for most of them (just one). I really want a true honeymoon, but my FI doesn't see the point in getting on ANOTHER plane to go some place else (time or money wise) when we're already at a vacation destination. While it dashes my dreams of free first class upgrades for being on our honeymoon (if they even still do that!), I have to admit he's right. Our TA says there are a lot of really neat, romantic, hidden places a few hours away from PV so we will probably rent a car and drive. She is in the process of sending me info on them; I will let you know what she suggests.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users