Sign in to follow this  
Mel&B

Honeymoons for Puerto Vallarta Destination Weddings...?

We'll be in PV the whole week before the wedding, staying with our families in a villa in Conchas Chinas. Because we won't have enough vacation time to take a honeymoon right after our wedding, plus the fact that we feel a little silly going from one vacation spot to another, we'll be postponing our honeymoon until several (possibly as much as 6 or 7) months after the wedding. The current plan is to go to Thailand, since we live on the West Coast now, and in order to be there during the best weather conditions, we'd have to wait until October or November. Kinda sucks that we have to wait so long for our honeymoon, but in some ways it'll be nice 'cause we'll still have something to look forward to after our whirlwind wedding week in Vallarta!

We're going to stay with our guests at the Dreams PV for one extra night past our wedding night so that they don't feel abandoned (a lot of them are flying down from TO and will be staying for a full week) before taking off for 3 nights to Casa de Mita. It's an 8 room boutique style hotel that's between Nuevo Vallarta and Sayulita -- supposed to be fantastic. I haven't been in touch with them but my FI has and he says they've been amazing.

I have this same dilemma right now! I don't want to leave our guests who traveled so far for us...but I also want SOME honeymoon alone time. I think we will probably just change hotels in PV. We are booked at the Vallarta Palace for the wedding as well as our guests...the new Dreams Villamagna might be a great option to look into!

We decided that we are not going to leave PV and go to another destination for a couple of reasons...we are home bodies and can't stand being away for more than a week...and our boys (dogs) will miss us too much if we stay away longer than a week and I will feel bad about that too! So even if we can sneak away for a night or two I will be happy!

We talked about going to Costa Rica or Belize since it is just south. However, we just had to postpone our wedding date for 5 months later for various reasons so now we will have 5 months extra to save more honeymoon $ so we might continue on to Bali and save Costa Rica for the babymoon:)

I just want to say "Thanks!" to everyone for your responses! You've definitely given me and my fiance a lot of wonderful options to consider.

Mel did you decide what you are doing? We are trying to figure it out now. We are hoping to go to a really nice hotel and just stay in PV area - anyone have any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Mel did you decide what you are doing? We are trying to figure it out now. We are hoping to go to a really nice hotel and just stay in PV area - anyone have any recommendations?
Hi Jess,

We are getting married at a boutique hotel, Playa Fiesta. It's just south of where you will be a Dreams, and we'll be there for one week. After that we are heading up to Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta for 3 nights. We wanted to get away from town and just totally relax at an all-inclusive. We are usually really active and love to go out, so we wanted to get out of town and just find a place that would force us to totally relax and be mellow. This might not be the best option for you because you will be at Dreams in PV, and I doubt you'd want to head to another Dreams.

Do you want a really nice, fancy hotel, or do you want a nice boutique hotel? I would suggest Nuevo Vallarta for a nice all-inclusive that would allow you to stay in the area, but get out of PV. There are also really nice boutique hotels in Sayulita and south of PV in Zihuatanejo. Sayulita will be about an hour north from PV, and I think Zihua is about 2 hours or more south.

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll offer more suggestions! I got engaged in Sayulita, so I'm pretty good at that area. cheer2.gif

oh nice! yeah we want to get out of town for a few nights as I figure we will be partying a lot with our guests. Any reccomendations would be great! That new Dreams VillaMagna does look pretty incredible though!