Photo

FI Wants a "Free Pass"...help settle this arguement!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

The term "free pass" is such a cop out. I wouldn't go for it.

And I LOVE football, I have season tickets and everything... but I also have DVR and if I have to do something else, that's what that is for. Tell him to record it and watch it later.

#12 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

first -your son does not like thomas. it seems everybody in your fam needs to get over that.

second - your FI should not get a free pass. you are going to work on a weekend to pay for the wedding... cant he tivo the effing football game? why should he get a free pass?

#13 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

No way man. A "free pass" would mean that you decided you would rather sit at home or go shopping (or what the eff ever!) instead of going to the family function. And sure if that is what you were doing, then he would be entitled to his own "get out of family function for free" ticket. But you are WORKING. Totally not comparable.

I think he needs to step up and miss football (ever heard of DVR?) and go with HIS aunt. And then YOU deserve the "free pass" since you had to WORK instead of going out with your son!

#14 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

Ok now this may sound harsh lol

BUT I'd tell him to shove his free pass right up his arse sideways!! Then tell the aunt to stick Thomas, Harold and any other fucking Thomas the Tank character the same way. She should deal with the fact that life goes on without a crap train cartoon!!!!

Then just to be a total twat I'd take the fuse out of the tv so that he can't watch the footy lol

#15 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

OMG - someone just came in to check at what I was hootin' about in here!! MY GOD - I am laughing out loud - you guys are freakin awesome!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
          Oh god. Thomas the Train is like my version of a horrible nightmare. I'll do everything in my power to prevent my son from going down that road.

WTF?! "every mom should see the look in their childs eyes when they see Thomas coming and it is something they shouldn't miss". Ummmm.... that's a little over the top don't you think? What kind of crack is she smoking? Call me a bad mommy, but I'm pretty sure I can live without knowing the look in my child's when he sees Thomas coming.

And this free pass nonsense wouldn't fly with me. This is not a family function. This is an activity you were roped into.
          AN ACTIVITY........That is EXACTLY the word I was looking to find!!! - Jessica - I love you!!!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maura
          first -your son does not like thomas. it seems everybody in your fam needs to get over that.

second - your FI should not get a free pass. you are going to work on a weekend to pay for the wedding... cant he tivo the effing football game? why should he get a free pass
          No way man. A "free pass" would mean that you decided you would rather sit at home or go shopping (or what the eff ever!) instead of going to the family function. And sure if that is what you were doing, then he would be entitled to his own "get out of family function for free" ticket. But you are WORKING. Totally not comparable.

I think he needs to step up and miss football (ever heard of DVR?) and go with HIS aunt. And then YOU deserve the "free pass" since you had to WORK instead of going out with your son!
          That's what I told him. I said - okay - the only way you get out of something is if you have to work - which he has done in the past with school carnivals, PTO meetings, etc. This DOES NOT count!

Family time is all 4 of us going. This is an activity with one child. NOT a "Family Function". AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#16 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hartyt509
            ...... I'd tell him to shove his free pass right up his arse sideways!! Then tell the aunt to stick Thomas, Harold and any other fucking Thomas the Tank character the same way. She should deal with the fact that life goes on without a crap train cartoon!!!!
            This is my absolute favorite quote...OMG Marie - you are a RIOT!!!
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#17 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
              This is my absolute favorite quote...OMG Marie - you are a RIOT!!!
              Well use it with my pleasure lol you have to do it in a North East English accent it has more impact I find lol

#18 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hell no!! There are no "free passes" in a relationship! And even if they were how does he figure you are getting one? You have to WORK!!! I could see if you were just saying you had to work to get out of it, but you are ACTUALLY working! Hello!!! A "free pass" in my mind does not consist of sitting at work all day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users