August 2009 brides

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#21 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

We are having our reception under a large Palapa on the beach starting at 5-530p. I know it's really hot in August, although in Akumal its about 90 during the day and 70-75 at night. Most of our guests are going to be there 4-5 days before, so they'll be used to it by time we have the wedding

#22 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Glamourina
      Thanks for the welcome! :)

Here's a question for you August girls.. I was talking to one of my vendors and he was very surprised that I was having my wedding reception outside. He said that August Mexico weather would be 100F even at night and it would be really uncomfortable for my guests.. I've seen a lot of brides on this forum get married in August but I don't want my guests to be dying from the heat.. What are you girls doing for your reception?
      I wouldn't worry about it too much.. I moved my ceremony to 7pm to get the sunset and cooler temps. I am giving everyone sandalwood fans as favors so they can keep a little cool.
      I am not having a formal reception... We are doing a quick cocktail hour after on the beach with our first dances; then off to the resort restaurant for dinner and then to the 'disco' to party.
      If you are really concerned about being outside in the heat; talk to your resort and see if they have inside/air conditioned rooms/restaurant that you can use.

#23 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

Oh and forgot to update everyone..
        I recieved my STD magnets; printed my information letter I am sending with them and printed address labels.
        Fh is picking up stamps today.

#24 FutureMrs.S

• 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hey Ladies!
          I just recently confirmed my wedding date and I am joining the August brides :)
          So far I have completed:
          Book resort, paid deposit
          Ordered STD
          picked out wedding dresss (tomorrow I'm buying it!!!)
          Picked out bouquets and boutineers (I choose to do artificial - since I cannot seem to let go of my control and can't wait to pick flowers til I'm down in MX haha)
          Choose bridal party
          Picked out invitations

I am super excited about my wedding dress I just tried it on today and could not be happier!!!!

12 FLIGHTS BOOKED
          40 GUESTS BOOKED!

#25 hunnyhun921

• 139 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

Here is what I have done so far...

Picked a resort
            Paid a deposit for the wedding
            Fired my TA and hired a new TA
            Sent out STD's
            Bought my dress
            Picked out bridesmaid dresses

SO much more to do it seems...................

#26 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:15 AM

Welcome girls! I'm soooo excited that we're finally expanding. I really need to work out flight arrangements, but I'm beginning to slack and spend toooooo much time on Christmas and Thanksgiving isn't even here yet.

#27 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

I echo Jacilynda's welcomes and excitement that our little group is growing!!

My only focus for now is on finding a dress!!!

So think some positive thoughts for me.. Im going shopping next Fri with my MOH. I have dresses printed and the store has told me that they have them.
                Let me know if you ladies want to see the ones I am considering to give me your AugustBrides opinions!

#28 hunnyhun921

• 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Am I the only August 2009 Jamaica bride? Did I make a mistake with choosing Jamaica in August?

#29 barrow

• 121 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:44 AM

no way are you the only JA bride. You did not make a bad choice. I am glad to see more JA brides. Welcome. I have a site I want to share with the ladies looking to save on dress.

Wholesale - China Wholesale - Buy Wholesale Products from Chinese Wholesaler
                    life is too short, live in the moments.

#30 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:15 AM

Oh Shannon, of course we want to see pictures. Are you going tomorrow/today or next week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users