August 2009 brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
I'm working on losing some baby weight. I'm working on about 22 pounds. Are you doing Biggest Loser Season5 ? I am!!!! I counted the other day from the girls that actually posted they were in, but there could be more, and with each person paying $15 the pot is alread at at least $360!
Thanks for the info. I think I will be joining. I want to look great come August!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies,

I am also considering doing the BL5 on here... It seems like great motivation and accountability! We all have 8 months to lose the pounds; so this will be great to get us on track early.

How is everyone's planning going? Any updates?

I am hopefully (fingers crossed) going to buy my dress next week and decide on the BM dresses and colors.

I have ordered a bunch of sample invitations; I am just waiting to get them.

Honestly, I haven't done much else as I was really sick in the hospital 2 weeks ago and I'm still recovering. Great timing huh?

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Hey August Brides! I didn't know this thread was here! Hunny it looks like we are wedding date twins! I'm actually doing a cruise wedding so I will be stopping in Jamaica so you aren't crazy for getting married there in Aug, plus I'm getting married in Miami which will be really hot!

Made wedding website

Bought "the dress"

Sent STDs

Booked my cruise and the wedding

Working on OOT bags

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!!! Just wanted to know when you are planning on sending out your invitationshuh.gif? I have no clue when to do this!!! I am going to order mine today--all 250 of them (we are combining our AHR and wedding invites). Let me know when you are planning to do this or if you have already mailed them! Thanks

You August Brides are so on top of it! I am going to post here just to get your updates and to try and stay on track. I am getting married July 24th, Jacilyn pointed me to this thread and the July 2009 thread - I honestly don't know how I haven't come across them yet!

Here's my scoop -

I have been on this site since I got engaged 2 months ago and I feel like I am SO behind. My mom passed away a few years ago and I don't have any sisters, so I am relying on the expertise of this site to stay on track.

I got engaged on October 25th and since then have done the following

Booked location - Dreams Los Cabos, Ceremony on the beach.

Chose Date - July 24, 2009

Gotten Travel Agent - Tammy

Working on Room Block at Dreams w Tammy

Booked Photographer - Jerome from Mango Weddings

Almost Booked a DJ - Francisco from Baja Audio and also DJ's at Mango Deck on the Beach in Downtown Cabo

Wedding Website is up and running - needs dates and details added and we go along

Save the Dates should be here any day, envelopes are addressed and ready to send out so that should be a quick turn around

Going Dress and BM Dress shopping this weekend

Started working on DIY invites

Started gathering items for OOT bags

Keep this thread going so I stay on pace!

thewave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
Hey everyone!!! Just wanted to know when you are planning on sending out your invitationshuh.gif? I have no clue when to do this!!! I am going to order mine today--all 250 of them (we are combining our AHR and wedding invites). Let me know when you are planning to do this or if you have already mailed them! Thanks
You're supposed to email them out 2-3 months in advance, but for a destination wedding I think 5 months. I mailed mine out like 10 months in advance, but I already knew who was coming and they were all anxious so I sent them out. I haven't done my AHR cause we haven't really decided on an exact date yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
You're supposed to email them out 2-3 months in advance, but for a destination wedding I think 5 months. I mailed mine out like 10 months in advance, but I already knew who was coming and they were all anxious so I sent them out. I haven't done my AHR cause we haven't really decided on an exact date yet.
I sent out my STD's back in October... But, I did include all the booking information on my STD's.
I am still trying to find the perfect invites; but I am aiming on trying to get them out by the end of March.