17 replies to this topic

#11 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

I would give them to your officiant

#12 aeroo

• 153 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

I wouldn't be comfortable giving them to the officiant if he/she was someone I had just met. But that's just me!

#13 mandalaybay3071

• 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

good question....we will have the same issue as well......we are having a flower centerpiece on the ceremony table that matches my bouquet so I think I'll give them to my best friends mom (i can trust her not to lose them) and place them in a bowl on the ceremony table. I hadn't thought of a bowl but that sounds like a cute idea. Thanks!

#14 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

My husband had both rings in his pocket. When it was time for the ring exchange, Our officient asked for the rings, placed them on the Bible he was holding, and blessed them.
          <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#15 twotees1218

• 44 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

Great question and one I have wondered about too! I don't trust our 8 yr old FG, my mom is an option, and his pocket is an option. Not sure I trust the officiant whom we will have just met. Not to mention other brides say she is typically late....can you imagine a late officiant with no rings?? That said, FI it is!!

#16 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

we just put ours in a little dish on the table, here's a pic

Otherwise my husband would have just put both in his pocket

Click the image to open in full size.

#17 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:54 PM

Oh my goodness! I love your dish! :) Thanks for all the good ideas girls!

#18 aeroo

• 153 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:31 AM

I got our custom ring bowl (with our names, date, and location) from this etsy seller:

Etsy :: palomasnest :: CUSTOM ring bowl with tiny text - ornament- wedding or commitment ceremony

It is sooo cute. There are lots of other cute ones on etsy too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users