Photo

Hangover Relief pills

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cattie

Cattie
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:19 AM

So I've seen all these little adds for pills to take before, while, after drinking to prevent hang overs. Has anyone actually used these or know of one that actually works? I was thinking of getting some for my OOT bags since we have a few people who like to indulge (including myself, after the wedding!)

Any feedback would be great!

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:43 AM

I haven't taken those. Well in a reallllly long time. Like college. I dont think they worked. My girlfriends and I swear by taking Dramamine before bed with a bottle of water. I'm telling you it works for us. I did this after my bach party and the next day I was fine.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#3 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

You could do like the old farmers did back in the day... they would eat straight Lard to coat their stomachs. It helps so that the alcohol doesn't get in the blood stream as fast.

Gross huh?!. I honestly don't know what to take but I have no tolerance and my bach party is next weekend. Help ladies!

#4 samanthag

samanthag
        • 896 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

I've never tried them but I hear they can be found at your local Walgreens or CVS. My friends swear by these little pills. I hear they are pretty expensive but work wonders!

Personally, I would try ANYTHING to avoid the after effects!!!!

#5 lmg970

lmg970
          • 316 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

I wonder what is the active ingredient, and what the names of these are called?

#6 emmie2008

emmie2008
            • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

I talked to my pharmacist and she suggested vitamin B complex- it helps restore everything afterwards. I haven't tried- my "secret" remedy is a big thing of gatorade/powerade and bread before bed.

#7 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, I normally do pedialite if I know I'm going to be drinking a lot. It restores all the electrolytes in your system. But I was thinking of something to put in the OOT bags.

#8 jessyg20

jessyg20
                • 263 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

I've tried the "pills". The one's I bought are called Chaser pills. They really work!! I always have a bottle in my medicine cabinet. You can find them im Walgreens or CVS drug stores by the Tylenol or Advil usually. You can take them while your drinking or after.
                  I usually take 1 before I go to bed and I wake up great. Especially after drinking Grey Goose and Red bull!!!! (That stuff can sneek up on you!)
                  Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
                  http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
                  Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#9 Ana Cerda

Ana Cerda
                  • 91 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cattie
                    So I've seen all these little adds for pills to take before, while, after drinking to prevent hang overs. Has anyone actually used these or know of one that actually works? I was thinking of getting some for my OOT bags since we have a few people who like to indulge (including myself, after the wedding!)

Any feedback would be great!
                    I am including Hangover Helper in my OOT bags. The spanish name is La Rapidita. These are very good for hangovers. I am originally from Dominican Republic and that is what everyone takes to prevent hangovers.

#10 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
                    • 274 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:58 AM

I agree with the posting about Vitamin B Complex. My mother swears by it, but it should be taken prior to indulging as the strong smell and potency after may make you feel worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users