Parents names on invite

not at all ... here it is:

Because you have shared in our lives
with your friendship and love, we
Ann Kathleen XXXXX
and
Paul Michael XXXXX
together with our parents
invite you to share the beginning of our new life together when we exchange marriage vows
on Friday, the eighth of June
two thousand and seven
at six-fifteen in the evening
. . .
~Las Caletas~
Puerto Vallarta,
Mexico

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question for wording invites....

My parents are paying for the wedding, so I have the more traditional wording at the start....but I didn't like the idea of not acknowledging his parents (his mother is unable to contribute anything monetarily.),

My question is this.... my FI's dad passed away a couple of years ago, right now I just have "Son of Linda K****" undernearth his name. Although my FI has said he wants me to do what "I think is best", I think he would like to include his father on the invite....I could put:

1. "Son of Linda and Edward K....." or

2. "Son of Linda and the late Edward K...."

But I don't know if I like either of those options. The first one seems a little deceiving, and the second a little depressing for an invite.

What do you guys think?

We will of course mention his father in the program, and perhaps light a candle in his memory at the cermony. Do you think then, that it would be more appropriate to leave his name off of the invitation and just put his mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post

My parents are paying for the wedding, so I have the more traditional wording at the start....but I didn't like the idea of not acknowledging his parents (his mother is unable to contribute anything monetarily.),

My question is this.... my FI's dad passed away a couple of years ago, right now I just have "Son of Linda K****" undernearth his name. Although my FI has said he wants me to do what "I think is best", I think he would like to include his father on the invite....I could put:

But I don't know if I like either of those options. The first one seems a little deceiving, and the second a little depressing for an invite.
What do you guys think?
We will of course mention his father in the program, and perhaps light a candle in his memory at the cermony. Do you think then, that it would be more appropriate to leave his name off of the invitation and just put his mother?

We had this exact same situation actually. The only difference is that my FI's mom is married to another man (who he has lived with and known his whole life). He did not want his father's name on the invite at all.

Even though my parents are paying for the wedding we listyed both parents. I don't think it's deceiving at all. I don't think putting our parents names on the invites are there to say who's paying for the wedding I think they are there for a few reasons - 1) so people who are their friends know who we are and 2) to honor our parents who are th emost loving, important people in our lives. We did this:

Naoroze & Hilla LastName
Request the pleasure of your company
at the wedding of their daughter
Kashmira Naoroze
to
Daniel LastName
son of Tom and Amy LastName

on the sixteenth of June
two thousand and seven
at six o'clock in the evening

Hilton Los Cabos
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico

I don't know if this helps at all but this is what we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post

What do you guys think?

when my cousin got married both her dad had passed away and so did her husbands father, both mothers were remarried and they did include their late fathers on the invite and I didn't think it was morbid, I thought it was a nice tribute to their fathers. It made my grandma really happy to see his name.
but if you want to keep it all upbeat why not just go with "Parents" like Ann's

I didn't mean "deceiving" like it seems like they are helping out with the cost, that doesn't matter to me at all... I mean "deceiving" like it sounds like his father is still alive, and is that weird to include his name as if he's alive when he's not? His mother is not remarried. If we do mention his name should it say "the late", and should his name be first (as opposed to his mother's name).

Son of Edward and Linda Lastname

Son of the late Edward and Linda Lastname

Son of Linda and Edward Lastname

Son of Linda and the late Edward Lastname

What do you think?