Sign in to follow this  
ericaandsy

Do it yourself Silk Flower Pomanders?

So I am trying to figure out how to make pomanders for our reception. I am trying to make them myself because I was quoted $50/pomander for silk!!!! I have seen videos on how to make them with real flowers but wasnt sure if it was the same with silk? ..does anyone know?? I know when making them with real flowers you have to soak the flower foam so that the flowers are hydrated and so that they are easier to poke through the foam. Apparently I'm not the greatest DIY Bride...help anyonehuh.gif??

I know someone who made pomanders by taking a skewer to make a hole through the styrofoam ball and looping a ribbon in it and knotting it at the bottom. Then she poked holes for the silk flowers and put hot glue in the holes and stuck the flowers in those. They turned out great.

My mom made one of those for my sister's wedding. She made one for the flower girl to carry and she also made topiary trees for the centrepieces. She just bought styrofoam balls and used artificial roses and just stabbed them in and used a few sewing pins to keep the ribbon attached.