Photo

Mariachi band?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

We are hiring a mariachi band for our reception and can't decide if they should play during the cocktail portion or dinner portion. Any suggestions?
    I am wondering if it would be too distracting or loud during dinner, but since there will be only 12 of us and no other music I thought it would add something.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

#2 ajameson

ajameson
    • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

I think they should be there during the cocktail hour. during dinner might get annoying. Just my 2 cents though.

#3 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

We are using the mariachi band for our ceremony... their 15 min break is during the ceremony... then they will be there for part of the cocktail hour. I heard it was unbelievable!

#4 Ana Cerda

Ana Cerda
        • 91 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by animaldoc
          We are hiring a mariachi band for our reception and can't decide if they should play during the cocktail portion or dinner portion. Any suggestions?
          I am wondering if it would be too distracting or loud during dinner, but since there will be only 12 of us and no other music I thought it would add something.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
          I am hiring a full mariachi band, I will have them play during the ceremony and continue at the cocktail hour.

#5 pryzeless

pryzeless
          • 614 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

I am having a duo for the cocktail party only. We will have an ipod for the dinner reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users