Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
    • 177 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BachataBride
      I was originally going to donate to the Canadian Cancer Soceity...they have things especially for wedding favors! ***Plus its a tax write off - here in canada anyway!!***
      I think it's a fantastic idea!
      I just read on the Cancer Society site that they say between $5.00 and $10.00 per guest as a donation and they include either place cards, thank you cards or In Honor cards...that is pretty cool!

Wedding celebration program
      Engaged: December 25, 2007
      Married: February 4, 2009
      Wedding Destination: Cuba
      Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
      http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#13 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

oh no, i dont think its dumb to have two!

it is nice that they supply u with cards or whatever too. im def looking into it.

#14 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CayoLargo
          I just read on the Cancer Society site that they say between $5.00 and $10.00 per guest as a donation and they include either place cards, thank you cards or In Honor cards...that is pretty cool!

Wedding celebration program

That $5-$10 is only a suggestion. And basically you get a big card for the higher amt or a smaller card for the lower.
          My friend just got married & had a HUGE AHW 400+ guests - so she couldn't really afford $5 pp so she only donate $3 or something like that. I have an email address for a CCF person if anyone is interested. PM me.

I opted not to go with this as the funds ran out!! I was going with the sandalwood fans AND the donation. But in the end my budget could only handle the fans!

#15 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
          • 456 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

What a great idea! (I've actually never heard of this before, but i like it!) I think an animal shelter is a good idea! I was just thinking of going to volunteer at one....
            WHY DO MEN HAVE TO PUT A DAMPER ON OUR IDEAS?!?!?! Mine did the same to an idea I had this morning....It's RUDE!
            D & K
            October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#16 KGOESER

KGOESER
            • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

This is also a great way to remember someone. My dad died of leukemia when I was younger...we're putting things on the tables that say "In lieu of favors, a donation has been made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of Kristen's dad"

#17 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
              • 177 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KGOESER
                This is also a great way to remember someone. My dad died of leukemia when I was younger...we're putting things on the tables that say "In lieu of favors, a donation has been made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of Kristen's dad"
                That is truly beautiful and special...great idea...
                Engaged: December 25, 2007
                Married: February 4, 2009
                Wedding Destination: Cuba
                Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
                http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#18 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

Absolutely! What a great way to recognize him! I got chills thinking about it.

Joe's close aunt was diagnosed with cancer and shes going through a lot right now, so I know this will hit home with him and his family.

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

I think it's a great idea and not sure why you couldn't do two different donations. And to figure out the money, you would just figure out how much you would spend per favor and donate that lump sum.

Easy numbers: 10 guests at $5/favor = $50

Personally, I think $5/favor is alot, but our budget was small. So just do what you can, every little bit helps!!

#20 Cattie

Cattie
                    • 594 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

We went to a wedding in Philly this past spring. The table assignments where on envelopes, inside was a letter saying how a donation to xxx charity in our name and a brief thank you for attending the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users