Sign in to follow this  
Jacqueline

Stressing about favor idea until NOW

I love the idea of giving a donation...I usually don't end up keeping wedding favors (unless they are edible...in which I eat them right away!) so I love the idea of money being used for a worthwhile cause. I am a teacher and for our favors we are planning on either donating school supplies or money to a few schools in Mexico! Mexico is giving me the wedding of my dreams and it's a way of feeling like I am giving back.

I don't imagine that our guests will feel "ripped off"...at least I hope they don't-We are giving them OOT bags when they arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGOESER View Post
This is also a great way to remember someone. My dad died of leukemia when I was younger...we're putting things on the tables that say "In lieu of favors, a donation has been made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of Kristen's dad"
I lost my step-dad (who basically raised me) to cancer 18mths ago, when we were trying to plan the wedding. After attending a bridal show where the Can. Cancer Society was set up I thought it was an amazing idea. In the end, I could not come up with the funds to do it - but of course I still donate regularly!

I think donating to an animal shelter is a great idea (I love animals). I had a coworker who made donations also to each person who attended her wedding to the cancer society. I think that is a great idea. I might have to add this to my wedding also.

I am planning on doing this...my step-dad(basically my dad since he raised me) has parkinson's and i will be making a donation to a charity for that...i was looking for some examples of donation cards i could make but can't find any

Thats a great idea! People will know that you have given a gift to a charity on behalf of them that means something to you! Perfect!

We got given something similar as a xmas pressie last year. It was a donation to a third world country and we got a certificate for it...thought it was really nice.

This is a great idea! We wanted to honor my FI's grandmother some way at the wedding (her dying wish for us was to see us get married) We were thinking of having her picture on a chair at the ceremony or something but I think this is a much better idea.