Stressing about favor idea until NOW

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
I was originally going to donate to the Canadian Cancer Soceity...they have things especially for wedding favors! ***Plus its a tax write off - here in canada anyway!!***
I think it's a fantastic idea!
I just read on the Cancer Society site that they say between $5.00 and $10.00 per guest as a donation and they include either place cards, thank you cards or In Honor cards...that is pretty cool!

Wedding celebration program

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayoLargo View Post
I just read on the Cancer Society site that they say between $5.00 and $10.00 per guest as a donation and they include either place cards, thank you cards or In Honor cards...that is pretty cool!

Wedding celebration program

That $5-$10 is only a suggestion. And basically you get a big card for the higher amt or a smaller card for the lower.
My friend just got married & had a HUGE AHW 400+ guests - so she couldn't really afford $5 pp so she only donate $3 or something like that. I have an email address for a CCF person if anyone is interested. PM me.

I opted not to go with this as the funds ran out!! I was going with the sandalwood fans AND the donation. But in the end my budget could only handle the fans!

What a great idea! (I've actually never heard of this before, but i like it!) I think an animal shelter is a good idea! I was just thinking of going to volunteer at one....

WHY DO MEN HAVE TO PUT A DAMPER ON OUR IDEAS?!?!?! Mine did the same to an idea I had this morning....It's RUDE! cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGOESER View Post
This is also a great way to remember someone. My dad died of leukemia when I was younger...we're putting things on the tables that say "In lieu of favors, a donation has been made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of Kristen's dad"
That is truly beautiful and special...great idea...

I think it's a great idea and not sure why you couldn't do two different donations. And to figure out the money, you would just figure out how much you would spend per favor and donate that lump sum.

Easy numbers: 10 guests at $5/favor = $50

Personally, I think $5/favor is alot, but our budget was small. So just do what you can, every little bit helps!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics