Is an ivory dress ok with a white shirt?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

Just wanted to chime and say that certainly is a daring dress and congrats on being able to pull it off!! I know I couldn't!

#22 hcookma

• 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:27 PM

It's a "Tonal Story". Trust. I pull that crap ALL THE TIME at work!!!

#23 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:29 PM

First off the dress is amazing...

second if you have your dress take a pic of the shirt next to it but print it out and then you can tell if you like it. some ivory dresses don't look as ivory in pictures...my dress is ivory as well but is def more jut off white not like traditional ivory creamy color so I think it works with white

#24 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

Loving Your Dress.i Think Cream Shirts Are Not As Nice As The White,so Id Go With The White.you Also Then Have To Think Of Different Colour Creams, Matching Up With Your Dress(tones) Does That Help?hope It Does.

#25 lmg970

• 316 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:38 AM

wow very daring and sexy

#26 Trice

• 295 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

That's one sexy dress. I don't think anyone will notice the shirt.

#27 filby42

• 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

wowie! stunning dress! i was wondering the same thing (I also have an "antique white" dress: Nicole Miller Antique White Satin Evening Gown) so I am glad you posted this question. I guess I'm just going to buy some different shirts and compare them with my dress. My FI and his groomsmen will all be wearing white, casual with no jackets, so I was worried about the white not matching the "off" white dress. I did find a great casual "ivory" shirt at Mens Wearhouse that I might try (Pronto Uomo Ivory Linen/Cotton Camp Shirt | Men's Wearhouse).

#28 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

to tell you the truth, he'd look much better in the white with your ivory dress than if he wore a creamy color shirt.

And that dress is wayyyyyy hot! love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users