Is an ivory dress ok with a white shirt?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

Wholly Crap .... Your dress is AWESOME!!!

#12 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

Wow-Your dress is HOT!!!
      I don't think there's anything with white and ivory...my dress is 'Natural' and my FI is going to wear a white dress shirt. The BM's have an ivory sash on the dress and the GM's will wear ivory shirts to match. I think it looks fine!!
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#13 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by sunandrun
      Your pictures look wonderful. That totally puts my mind at ease. Thanks!

Oh one more thing...I love your planning thread. I have read it several hundred times. Is there a template for your welcome book. They are soooo cute!
      Sure... it's here:

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:41 AM

Fantastic Dress!

I'd say it is probably fine... but a new shirt is a pretty cheap way to calm the nerves.....

#15 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

Amazing dress!!! FH is going to love that... !!!

I am also a very 'matchy matchy girl' ... but IMHO it will still look beautiful. I would not worry about it. If you want to get technical, they are both neutrals and willl not clash or look strange next to eachother.

And, with a a dress that HOT; noone is going to notice the color difference all they are going to see is a beautiful bride!

#16 sunandrun

• 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for all of your input. I am feeling much better about the situation.

I got my dress a couple of weeks after I finished my firwst trithalon. I was in really good shape at the time. Now I just have to maintain it until July 3rd. Not so easy when you love chocolate as much as I do.

Thanks for the template Becks!

And thanks agian to everyone else for your very helpful input.

#17 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sunandrun
              I am freaking out! I got my dress and I love it. The thing is I am one of those matchy-matchy people. I am wondering if I wear ivory can my FI wear a white shirt. We got his outfit already. Will it wierd in pictures? It looks like most of the brides are wearing white. Here is the link to my dress Winnie Couture It is very daring and sexy! I love it. What does everyone think?
              in the bright sun i think all the dresses look white no matter what!

#18 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

look at my sig pic - my dress was a true ivory and my DH wore a white shirt and it looked great.

#19 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

I'm having a similar problem but I can't just go buy another pair of pants. My dress is white but when I ordered FI's pant thinking they were white and they came in off-white I was disappointed. Now that I see some pics though I'm feeling better about it too. It's hard to find a pair of white pants that aren't very thin linen

#20 Sherry

• 390 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

I too am wearing an ivory dress (with a kind of pink undertone) and my FI is wearing a white shirt. He was all concerned about it first, but I assured him that it will look fine. I love the look of tone on tone. I actually think you can never go wrong with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users