Photo

How do you take all the stuff for the wedding to your destination?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

We had a ton of stuff to take - and we ended up paying for 3 pieces of extra luggage - one was also oversized.

Here's what we did, knowing we were going to have the extra baggage fees.

If you have friends/relatives leaving from your airport, ask if anyone is packing light and can either take an extra suitcase for you or just pack some things you need in with theirs.

We used 2 old suitcases that we did not want anymore, and a HUGE ToughBox that DH had while in Iraq. Those pieces we left behind (the resort employees were more than happy that we did - and we even gave one to our WC and she loved it, saying she could use it for wedding supplies, etc.

Most of our "extras" were the OOT bags, so we knew we wouldn't be bringing that back with us. Other items we had family/friends bring back (like my TTD dress, which we just stuffed into a suitcase since it didn't need to be wrinkle-free anymore).

You can get pretty creative -- but if you are like us -- plan on some extra luggage fees on the way over, but take old suitcases you can leave behind to avoid extra fees coming home.

Hope that helps.

#22 rdhbride

rdhbride
    • 313 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

awesome ideas , thanks for all the help. i was wondering this myself

#23 sstotz

sstotz
      • 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

mee tooooo! thanks.. I guess I'll send out an all call through the website asking if people can pack light or combine to save a bag for us?!? good ideas ladies!
        ~Soon to be Shanny May
        June 20th, 2009
        Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#24 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

Good idea about the old suitcases foxy!

I was already thinking duffle bag on the way over and they'll pack small on the way home!

#25 kristeny

kristeny
          • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

All great ideas. I thought about getting stuff when I was in Cancun instead of taking it all down there (food wise.) I am having mostly smaller stuff so I shoud be able to stuff things somewhere. A duffel bag is a good idea as well easy to pack up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users