Photo

My hairless cats OMG!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 amym567

amym567
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

We have 2 minskins (part Sphynx, part munchkin). Anyway, Kevin would really like to get rid of them. They are so lovable, but I don't have the time to give them the attention they need (and deserve). Now that I have Austin, teaching, and selling lia sophia, I'm lucky to get my house cleaned and my papers graded. Kevin wants to get rid of them because he is sick of the litter tracked everywhere in the kitchen and the marks they leave everywhere (they need to be bathed/wiped down- and I don't have time to do it). Kevin has never been a cat person, although he did get close to them before Austin. SOOOO, after him talking last night about how we really should think about getting rid of them, he just called for me to come quickly~ THEY RIPPED THROUGH THE SCREEN DOOR IN THE KITCHEN AND WERE OUT ON THE DECK!!!! Now, they are not outdoor cats (declawed). Anyway, now we need to get a new door, and he's even madder! I don't know what to do! I've never gotten rid of a pet before, but I know our life would be much easier if I didn't have them. I wish I could find someone who could give them the time and attention they deserve~ but I'm not sure how to find that person!!!

Anyway, thanks for listening!!
    Amy

#2 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

LOL ... you probably shouldn't have told us about the negatives (especially ripping thru the screen!) ... bet ya someone on this forum would have taken them!

#3 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
      • 815 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

Maybe post them in the pet section of craig's list.
        http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#4 Inked1

Inked1
        • 161 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

I would post pics and a notice at your vet's office. I work at a vet hospital and we are constantly getting asked if we know of kitties in need of homes, especially if you have rare/unique breeds like you do.

I got my sphynx/rex mix when a client brought in one of her kittens and mentioned they still needed a home for the mother.

#5 amym567

amym567
          • 403 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Inked1
            I got my sphynx/rex mix when a client brought in one of her kittens and mentioned they still needed a home for the mother.
            I would love to see a pic of your cat! My mom also has 2 minskins (brothers of mine) and 2 Cornish Rexes.

Amy

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

Awww...gosh, that totally sucks. I would feel very conflicted too. If you are going to go thru with it, you def need peace of mind as far as the new home goes. I think the vet office posting is a great idea. Do any of your friends love your kitties? You could guilt them into taking the cats, and you could still have visitation rights!

#7 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

I wish my cat wasn't such a bitch! I'd so take them! The FI was never a cat person till I brought ours home. She fit in the palm of my hands. The first night, she figured out how to jump in bed, she curled up in a ball by his neck, and she's been his cat ever since. She even gets jealous of me when the FI and I cuddle!! I could never bring in another cat =(

#8 Inked1

Inked1
                • 161 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:18 AM

Here is my Lila, sweet but not so smart...and a bit mommy centeredClick the image to open in full size.

I also have a ragdoll named Hedwig...I know the two couldn't look more different. Only pic I have up of her right now is in her summer hairdo...she usually has long hairClick the image to open in full size.

Im such a goober about my cats those are their pics from the wedding website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users