What type of veil is this?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

Hi All,
    I like the way this veil looks, coming out from the bottom of the hair instead of from the top of the head. Is there a name for this kind of veil? Thanks, Carla

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 MissyR

• 1,210 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

It's not so much the type but the length. I ordered a shoulder-length because I am having it placed like that under my hair - you can really use any style (sheer, full etc)!

#3 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks, just proves I know nothing about veils. :)

I was trying to find a couple picture of veils that were place in the hair like this so I could show my FMIL. She is taking her veil, which was worn by both her and her mother, and putting a different clip on it for me.

#4 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:25 AM

Aslong as it has a comb clip on it, you should be able to place it anywhere in your head. I'm going to be wearing mine not quite that low, but low enough. My headpiece was my grandmothers from 55 years ago. When we took it out, the netting pretty much vaporized! So we took everything off of it and I bought a veil with the clip, this way I can just take it off after pictures, but my "crown" of pearls is still there around my hair.

#5 twixygrl

• 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

Haha. I just spent over two hours searching veils on the forum and browsing websites!!! This is totally my inspiration picture too! I was hoping I could just send it off and say, "I want a veil like this" but I realize that is not going to happen! There are so many choices and options! I will actually have to shop around and make some choices and put some thought into it! I was in the mood for an easy purchase and check mark off the list today....darn!

#6 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

you could wear any veil low on your head like that - long or short, wide, pouffy or slim. Where you wear it is just a matter of personal preference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users