Photo

For lost loved ones?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 ~Debra~

~Debra~
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

The memory frame is new to me. Sounds like a cool idea. we were thinking about having empty chairs for his grandmother and my grandmother, since we lost them both, and putting a picture of them along with a rose in the chair.

#12 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

I also like it when a bride has a white bouquet, and a colored rose for each lost loved one. Very sweet!

#13 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:10 AM

We aren't doing anything for lost family which might sound strange but we both agreed it would just make us upset, not to mention the fact that FMIL has married again when his step dad isn't even bloody cold yet but thats a diff story lol

The only thing I am doing is having a memory frame on my bouquet for a really good friend who was killed in afghanistan 2 months ago, that I feel I have to do.

#14 Michelle

Michelle
        • Banned
        • 302 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

kate i REALLY love the idea of having a bouquet of white flowers and a coloured one for each lost loved one!!! wow i think i might use that :)

#15 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

The bouquet with different coloured roses is a great idea - too bad I've already ordered my bouquet! I think the memory frames is a great idea though. I had planned on bringing 2 big framed pics of my Dad and Grampa and just having pics of me holding the frames - I saw a brides pictures who had done that and thought it was a good idea. Little memory frames are easier to pack though!!

#16 ret2010

ret2010
            • 289 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

My FI's grandmother dying wish was for her to witness us getting married. Of course she was too sick for us to even think about having a wedding. We will have a frame of her in the front row as well and before the ceremony starts we will either light a candle or place flowers on the chair together.

#17 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

I went shopping across the Niagara Falls border to the US on Saturday with my girlfriends. I wasn't thinking about going to David's Bridal, but we happend to drive by one & we stopped in. I found this amazing charm for my bouquet. It's the memory frame type like you all suggested - and it's PERFECT!!! David's Bridal - Accessory C01349 FRAME THIS charm with 12mm lobster clasp. This is not a great pic, the other side of the top heart has CZ stones in it, so it's nice & shiny. I will have to take a pic of the one I have so you can see it better.
                Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

#18 SAM

SAM
                • 542 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

We will be throwing a lei into the ocean in memory of my FI's dad who passed away. If we have time we will make the lei ourslves the day before. We may have a poem read too. I will be carrying a small photo of my grandma's on my bouqet.

#19 Kelly C

Kelly C
                  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

I had diamond stud earings made from my mom wedding ring and I will be wearing them that day. My dad passed two years ago. My mom is also remarried and that another story nice guy but if my dad isn't there I dont want anyone to walk me down the aisle. He will be with me...
                    Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#20 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

As promised here is a pic of the memory frame I got from David's Bridal!

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users