Photo

spray tan vs tanning bed????

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Amyk

Amyk
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:37 AM

Any thoughts on this? I have very fair skin. We arrive in Mexico on Friday and our wedding isn't until Sunday. Even if I apply SPF 50 and try to stick to the shade, I will still get some sort of tan line.

Should I go with a spray tan...or should I go with a few sessions in a tanning bed to build up a "base layer"? I don't care about being tan, I just don't want lines or a farmer's tan.

#2 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

I would say get a good base and that should help. I'm fair too and that's what I plan to do.

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

I am not fair...but I always go in the tanning bed for a few sessions before I go south...I don't want to burn & ruin my entire trip!!
        Also, I think you should consider what type of dress you are wearing...if it's strapless then you should consider wearing tube tops & tube top bathing suits only. But definitely go for a few tanning sessions anyway!!

#4 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
        • 456 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

I agree...go for a few sessions to get a base tan...and if you're not at the color that you'd like when you leave for Mexico, just get the spray done!
          D & K
          October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#5 laybar

laybar
          • 249 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

I don't like spray tans unless it's the airbrush.. the spray can leave streaks & you can look more orange.. you don't want that! lol.. go for a few sessions in a higher quality tanning bed.

#6 Amyk

Amyk
            • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback! All my friends are against tanning beds, but I don't want to risk looking streaky or having it rub off on my dress. I think just a few sessions would do it.

Great idea about wearing tube tops/strapless tops. Thanks!!

#7 KatyKo

KatyKo
              • 851 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

I actually bought a halter dress because (1) I absolutely loved it...duh and (2) because I always have a halter tan - even in the dead of winter - because I have always worn halter swim suits.

I am considering what to do about my BD photo session...tanning bed or spray on..because I too am scared of tanning beds, but don't want to be orange or look "dirty" as my sister says.

#8 adias.angel

adias.angel
                • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KatyKo
                  tanning bed or spray on..because I too am scared of tanning beds, but don't want to be orange or look "dirty" as my sister says.
                  My FSIL did a air brush tanning this past spring and it looked great! She is very fair skinned liked me, so tanning beds are a bad idea for us.

#9 lmg970

lmg970
                  • 316 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

I am going to a tanning bed only because I burn so easily and want to have a decent base tan to start off. burns hurt and I want to enjoy my vacation/honeymoon. If I needed to do a quick color then I would use a spray tan to color over my current tan lines

#10 *Casey*

*Casey*
                    • 5,209 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

I laid out so much growing up, and spent a lot of time in the tanning beds in college against my folks recommendations . Now I'm starting to see fine lines around my face, so I've been anal about moisturizer with sunscreen to wear everyday. That being said, I'm all about the spray tan. I've done it about 5 times, and have never had any problems with it. I never got streaks or looked orange, but it does kinda stink a little. My advice would be to take care of your skin and spray the tan on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users