Sign in to follow this  
LostNstressedMAC

Hey... and HEEEELLLLPPPP!

feedback.gif

Hello everyone! My name is Michelle and I recently got engaged to my wonderful boyfriend of 3.5 years, Johnny. We already knew we wanted a destination wedding... so that part was easy. We plan to get married in April, June, or July 2009. BUT - the reason my screen name is Lost N Stressed, is because I am just that. I have no idea where to plan our wedding!!! I have looked from Montana (mountain lake resort) to the Caribbean (not Mexico). WE keep thinking all-inclusive, but now that I look into it I am not so sure...

I just can't decide!! What makes it even more difficult is that we are on a limited budget. So, any help or pointers would be GREATLY appreciated.

(I have researched: Grand Lido in Jamacia, Sandals, Montana Mountain Logde)

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I would first start out with where you want to have it and then pick which place gives you more of what you want and go from there. But there is a lot of information on here to help you out.

Happy Planning!!!

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I think from past vacation experience, and the experience of friends, the AI option sometimes seems more afordable for guests. There are many people on here who know a lot about Sandals, and some resorts give the wedding for free I believe... do some searching here and you will not be disappointed!

I agree with Angel... pick a country or state you want to get married in and then research all over that area than at least you will get an idea of whats out there.

In the mean time...Congrats on your engagement. Let the fun begin!

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

When my FI and I first started planning we were all over the map too. We sat down and wrote the top 5 things that we envisioned for our wedding and picked our location based on the top 5 list. There is something out there for every budget so just keep digging!

Good luck!

I got married this past July and we also wanted a destination wedding. We wanted something that would be under $2000 for each of our guests but also give us a really nice wedding. I booked Sun Village in Puerta Plata in the Dominican Republic. I picked their middle package and had 40 people. The total cost of the wedding was $3500 + $35/head. I flew in my photographer and I recommend that you do as well. But the wedding was beautiful. If you want more info please feel free to private message me and I'll send you all the details.

Welcome! Try not to get too stressed.

What i recommend is sitting down and writing a list of EVERYTHING that is important to you.

*Budget

*Beach?

*All-Inclusive

*Kids allowed?

*Large resort?

*Short airplane ride?

etc.

All of these things combined will help you choose which place is truly the best for you and your fiance.

Best wishes!!

I was in the same boat, where in the world do we want to get married? It ended up being making a list of top 5 as Chanta said, and narrowing it down. We ended up nit picking, flight prices, how many people have already been there from our fam, weather, color of the ocean, will my hair friz?, etc.

Good luck and congrats!!!