Fernando for hair (PV)???

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Amyk

Amyk
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

Nicole at LC suggested I use "Fernando" for my hair and make-up. Does anyone have any experience with him? Any feedback would be appreciated!

#2 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
    • 178 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

I don't have any experience with him, but it's who I will also be using for my wedding - in exactly 30 days : )
      When I spoke with Nicole last week, she highly recommended Fernando and a few of the brides in June and one in July had used him. He uses MAC make-up, too.

#3 Amyk

Amyk
      • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

Are you doing a trial ahead of time? I asked Nicole about it and she said Fernando works out of a salon north of Nuevo Vallarta and a trial run would be about $60-80.

Since we're only going to be in PV for a few days, I hate to take time away from the guests to go up and have a trial run (plus spend the extra $$), but then again, I don't want crazy hair or make-up!

#4 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
        • 178 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:33 AM

No, I won't be doing a trial. Just going to bring a lot of pictures of what I want it to look like. I had done a trial with L'occocco back in April, but for good reasons, Nicole will no longer work with them. The trial went well and at least I have an idea of what will look good.

#5 Duchess

Duchess
          • 358 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

Hi Christina -

Did you love your hair

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

Fernando did my hair and I LOVED it... and I've never ever had an up do that I loved. He rules!

If you click on "wedding pics and eyespy photography review" in my siggy, there is a picture of my hair in that thread

#7 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
              • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

I am thinking that a trail run would be worth the money...since it will calm one down!
                Carolina

#8 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

I just booked a trial with Fernando. I am kinda nurveous though, maybe ladies who have already used him can comment - I would really appreciate that for my sanity, as my hair that day is very imporant.

Hi, for those ladies who have gotten married already, I just sent a deposit, only to find after the fact that when Fernando said that he has no other weddings that day that I misunderstood and infact, he has already booked another one some time ago.

Now my ceremony is at 2 pm, the other lady is on this forum and her ceremony is at 3:30. Mine is at Secrets Maroma and hers is at The Royal, PDC. We are both freaking out, I called him and he had indicated that this Saturday he has 3 and that this is typical. I just don’t know what to do, I thought I would splurge as hair is super important to me and now I am worried its going to be a rush job for multiple of what I would have paid else where.

Yikes this is just too stressful.

Thanks for all your input.

#9 angelov321

angelov321
                  • 548 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Boo
                    I just booked a trial with Fernando. I am kinda nurveous though, maybe ladies who have already used him can comment - I would really appreciate that for my sanity, as my hair that day is very imporant.

Hi, for those ladies who have gotten married already, I just sent a deposit, only to find after the fact that when Fernando said that he has no other weddings that day that I misunderstood and infact, he has already booked another one some time ago.

Now my ceremony is at 2 pm, the other lady is on this forum and her ceremony is at 3:30. Mine is at Secrets Maroma and hers is at The Royal, PDC. We are both freaking out, I called him and he had indicated that this Saturday he has 3 and that this is typical. I just don’t know what to do, I thought I would splurge as hair is super important to me and now I am worried its going to be a rush job for multiple of what I would have paid else where.

Yikes this is just too stressful.

Thanks for all your input.
                    I just spoke to Fernando the other day and I had the same issue. Fernando felt really bad for having another wedding to attend to so he recommended his teacher to do my make-up instead. He assured me I wont be disappointed. Im scheduling a trial for the day before so I could have professional make-up and hair done for my welcome party. If it doesnt work out, then I will be out $150 and will just use the resorts salon for hair and make up.

#10 Boo

Boo
                    • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by angelov321
                      I just spoke to Fernando the other day and I had the same issue. Fernando felt really bad for having another wedding to attend to so he recommended his teacher to do my make-up instead. He assured me I wont be disappointed. Im scheduling a trial for the day before so I could have professional make-up and hair done for my welcome party. If it doesnt work out, then I will be out $150 and will just use the resorts salon for hair and make up.
                      Yikes, thats allot of stress a day before, hmmm food for thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users