79 replies to this topic

#61 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meitra
    Christy355,
    Since you said you will be getting married on the beach at MDV, I was wondering if you know if the beach there truly is private or not? The website says it is, but from what I remember about 7 mile beach is that it is all public.
    The beach is private down to where that tree is on the beach that is in all of the photos with the canoe under it. When we were there they put up white fabric to block out the ugly bar next door when a wedding was taking place. They also have lifeguards and security who keep everyone out. All of the locals do respect them and will not come on to the property even if you want them to.
    WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#62 negrildreamer

negrildreamer
    • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

seven mile beach is a public beach but MDV has security and the tourists and locals are very respectful. it is not a high traffic beach with families camping out and sunbathing at MDV especially when a wedding is going on. so yes, i think its safe to consider it private though not officially private. wouldn't worry about people coming to your wedding uninvited.

#63 Christy335

Christy335
      • 128 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

I've been away from the forums for so long.... I'm 3 weeks away from my wedding and can't wait to be in Negril!

#64 SunnyDBride

SunnyDBride
        • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sparkles8300
          It is $115/pp plus tax and 10% tip. It was a little too pricey for us, so we decided to go to an AI instead.
          How much is the all-inclusive? And wouldn't that be like the guests paying for the reception? I don't want that. How did you handle this? thanks.

#65 TanyonL

TanyonL
          • 166 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Hi Ladies. MDV has a free nights sale going on right NOW! for 2010 bookings from 9/15 -10/31. Five nights for the price of 4...and 9 nights for the price of 7. Can't beat that (...uh if you were willing to pay full price; it's still relatively expensive).

#66 scottwashington

scottwashington
            • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

Hey There! How was your wedding at MDV? I am getting married there in a few weeks. Would love to hear your report back. Best Wishes!

#67 Jodyann08

Jodyann08
              • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Scott, I got married at MDV last year and I could not have asked for anything more. They were accommodating to everything and I will absolutely return to MDV. The staff is unbelievable, whatever you read on tripadvisor or anywhere does not compare to what these villas actually are. They took my breath away and I think I viewed every picture available before I went. If you want to send me a private message with your email I can show you some of my pics. You have picked the best place in Jamaica if not the Caribbean to get married. No worries they take care of everything with out you even noticing. Good Luck!

#68 TanyonL

TanyonL
                • 166 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

I'm not getting married there (too expensive for my guests) but the place seems top-notch. You can't go wrong with MDV scottwashington.

#69 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
                  • 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hi scottwashington,
                    I got married there in May of this year and it was just beautiful! The staff go all out for you, they were simply wonderful. ALL of the guests raved about the location and most if not all said it was the best wedding/vacation they had ever had. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer. We are so happy that we had our wedding there.

#70 MissSimone

MissSimone
                    • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users