Moon Dance Villas

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blckrevpower - We took the price for the whole weekend, subtracted the price of the 1 bedroom (lilac mist) and then came up with an average cost. We're letting our guests choose which resort they want to stay at, Moondance Villas or Cliffs, and then once the Villas are full (first come- first serve) we'll separate the guests by who we think will be good matches sharing the Villas. So, for instance, if 5 of my FI's college buddies (+ dates) RSVP, we'll put them in the 5 bedroom. If only 1 of my high school girlfriends (+ her date) RSVPs for the Villas, I may stick her with my brother and his wife and my sister and her husband in the 3 bedroom. It'll be like a seating chart (aren't those just so much fun to do) but for rooms.

I'm really not too worried about people feeling awkward about sharing because each room has its own master bathroom, so no one has to share. It'll be like staying in a small hotel that only has a few other rooms and shares a living room. Plus, I have so many fun things planned for the 5 days that we're there that I don't expect people to be spending that much time inside the villas.

We had originally considered having the 1 bedroom for us, the 2 bedroom for my father & his wife, and my fiance's parents, then the 3 bedroom for my sister, brother, and mother, having 4 of FI's groomsmen in the 4 bedroom, and the other 5 groomsmen in the 5 bedroom, and then my 2 bridesmaids in the other 5 bedroom with 3 of my other girlfriends and then just making everyone pay the rate for the Villa they were in. After thinking about it, I decided it wasn't fair. The guys in the 4 bedroom shouldn't have to pay more than the guys in the 5 just because of the way we assigned their rooms. And some of my girlfriends may not be able to afford to stay in the Villas, so I wanted to give them the option to stay at Moondance Cliffs if they wanted to pay a lower price or if they couldn't stay the whole 5 days. Also, some of our friends who we had originally decided to book at the Cliffs have the chance to book at the Villas now if they want to. Also, our parents decided to stay at Moondance Cliffs so they could be around their friends for the week.

It was hard to come to this decision, but I think it will make more people happy to have a decision in where they stay.

Which Villas do you have rented out for your wedding?

Christy

Right now, we're renting out the entire property of Moondance villas. Our guest list is pretty small, so I'm thinking that we will be able to get everyone at the Villas. If not, Miriam has been great, I'm thinking we could just reserve a few rooms at the Cliffs. Initially, the guest list was 60, but my FI asked that I reduce the number! I did it because that's the ONLY thing he's asked for during the process. So maybe won't even need the Cliffs. We've invited 40 and maybe 20-30 will show.

I do think we will use the Cliffs for the fitness center and the spa. I don't think the Villas has this option.

I may take the route you did and allow our guests to choose which resort they want to stay in. Of course, the villas will be first come, first serve. And most of our guests would love the option of having a mini-house during vacation. But those cliffs are GORGEOUS!

The only reason we didn't book the cliffs is because we really want to get married on the beach.

We also rented out the Villas, but we are having our wedding and reception at the cliffs. I am thinking we may have more than 38 guests so I would love them to stay at the Cliffs however FI is saying no to that because we were planning on having our honeymoon there. I honestly don't know what to do now because it looks like all my immediate family is coming and that is about 25 people right there.

I would really recommend having your overflow guests stay st the Cliffs. The Moondance people are really accommodating about shuttling guests back and forth between the two resorts, and their AI rate at the Cliffs also covers them if they come eat meals at the Villas. (For example if your overflow guests come hang out on the beach at the Villas with you one day, they don't have to leave to eat lunch, they can just stay and nosh with everyone else.)

If your FI doesn't want to honeymoon at the resort where some of your guests will be staying (and may be extending their vacation, and thus be there with you), why not honeymoon on a different part of the island and get to see another side of Jamaica? My brother and his wife just honeymooned at Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios and they said they absolutely LOVED it. It is a smaller hotel (although I believe it is owned by the same people who own Sandals, but it is much nicer - ... think Eddie Bauer edition cheesy.gif ) and has an AI plan. They said they felt like they were treated like royalty and it was an intimate setting for their honeymoon.

And, yes, my little brother chose his honeymoon location AFTER he knew that I was getting married in JA. I think it's cute that he wanted to be like his big sis. haha!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see how the planning process was going with the MDV brides. I noticed that several brides that have posted on this thread, jodyann08 and waja2009, have already had their weddings...congrats to them!! Has anyone heard any feedback from recent brides? I can't seem to find much information out there.

I look forward to participating more with the forum! You ladies are great!

• 4 months later...

We did not get married at MDV, but we honeymooned there and did our TTD and shoot at MDV and MDC. Here is a link to our photos from Sungold photography..click on the honeymoon link to see the pics taken at Moon Dance. Both are amazing. They were filming a Smantha Brown Travel Channel show about Jamaica and the whole crew was staying at MDC while we were there which will be airing in April and hubby and I are on it!!! So be on the lookout! ..:: Pictage | Registration ::..