Jump to content

Photo

How to say no...


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 cougs

cougs

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

    Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cancunbride
    Harty, Im going to invade your wedding without an invite. hahaha Ill be there at the same time as you, hopefully we can have a drink or two before each others wedding... lol
    back when that was my wedding date i was totally planning on invading marie's wedding too! i had to switch it to 2 weeks later tho. marie will be leaving a day or two after i get there, so we'll definitely have a drink or seven anyway!

    you never added your date to this thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t24950

    #32 Hartyt509

    Hartyt509
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,262 posts

      Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mummergirl
      LMAO marie! sorry but i kinda needed a date that the groom could be there! i'm a little sad no one on BDW seems to be getting married during my week ... there was someone named quackquack that was supposedly the 30th but i haven't seen any posts from them in ages.

      if you haven't already done in your FMIL by the time i get there, i'll lend a hand ... i mean to stop you LOL ... that kinda sounded like i was going to help you drown her, didn't it?
      NO excuse if you ask me lmao

      You'll recognise FMIL she'll be the one with the black eye lmfao

      #33 samanthag

      samanthag
      • Member
      • 896 posts

        Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

        You guys are too funny!

        I'm so glad this thread was started. I thought I was the only one going crazy with this!!
        So my FMIL wants to invite her cousin & cousin's husband. Fine no big deal. I mean, my FI has not seen or heard from these people in like 15+ years but WE will deal with it.
        Now we find out that this lady (FMIL cousin) not only rsvp but also purchased 6 airline tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Turns out she's inviting her kids, their spouse, and their children!!!!!!!
        I'm still trying to figure out how the hell this is going to play out!!!!!

        #34 cancunbride

        cancunbride
        • Member
        • 531 posts

          Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by samanthag
          You guys are too funny!

          I'm so glad this thread was started. I thought I was the only one going crazy with this!!
          So my FMIL wants to invite her cousin & cousin's husband. Fine no big deal. I mean, my FI has not seen or heard from these people in like 15+ years but WE will deal with it.
          Now we find out that this lady (FMIL cousin) not only rsvp but also purchased 6 airline tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Turns out she's inviting her kids, their spouse, and their children!!!!!!!
          I'm still trying to figure out how the hell this is going to play out!!!!!
          omg, hahaha sorry!!! I had to laugh but this is just ridiculous. Tell them Cancun welcomes them but your wedding doesnt! hahaha GOODLUCK!

          #35 Hartyt509

          Hartyt509
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,262 posts

            Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:26 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by samanthag
            You guys are too funny!

            I'm so glad this thread was started. I thought I was the only one going crazy with this!!
            So my FMIL wants to invite her cousin & cousin's husband. Fine no big deal. I mean, my FI has not seen or heard from these people in like 15+ years but WE will deal with it.
            Now we find out that this lady (FMIL cousin) not only rsvp but also purchased 6 airline tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Turns out she's inviting her kids, their spouse, and their children!!!!!!!
            I'm still trying to figure out how the hell this is going to play out!!!!!
            Tell them to BOG OFF - no way in hell would they be going to my actual wedding! Cheeky arses

            #36 Julia

            Julia
            • Newbie
            • 19 posts

              Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

              Ladies, I feel your pain. My parents absolutely insisted on inviting all my dad's brothers and sisters. (There are 5 in addition to him..+ their SO's) Which means I would have to invite all the cousins, who I love but I really just wanted a SMALL WEDDING! Now, what could have been 25 people, MAYBE, could now potentiall be 45!

              The most ridiculous part is that my FI only has 10 people on his side!!!

              #37 Hartyt509

              Hartyt509
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,262 posts

                Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Julia
                Ladies, I feel your pain. My parents absolutely insisted on inviting all my dad's brothers and sisters. (There are 5 in addition to him..+ their SO's) Which means I would have to invite all the cousins, who I love but I really just wanted a SMALL WEDDING! Now, what could have been 25 people, MAYBE, could now potentiall be 45!

                The most ridiculous part is that my FI only has 10 people on his side!!!
                If they aren't paying they could insist all they wanted it wouldn't be happening! God people and weddings makes you not want to freaking bother

                #38 cougs

                cougs

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

                  Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

                  it cracks me up how people think they can just invite themselves and anyone else they feel like to someone's wedding even when they are not contributing a dime!

                  now i'm having the opposite problem ... my matron of honor called to tell me she will not be coming ... that she and her husband can't afford it. and then all the "please don't hate me" emails ... what.ev.er.

                  anyway, about an hour after she dropped that bomb, quackquack found me on here, and we are definitely going to be having a drink (or seven) together since she will there the same time as us! i'm so excited to have another BDW bride with me!

                  #39 Hartyt509

                  Hartyt509
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,262 posts

                    Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:17 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mummergirl
                    it cracks me up how people think they can just invite themselves and anyone else they feel like to someone's wedding even when they are not contributing a dime!

                    now i'm having the opposite problem ... my matron of honor called to tell me she will not be coming ... that she and her husband can't afford it. and then all the "please don't hate me" emails ... what.ev.er.

                    anyway, about an hour after she dropped that bomb, quackquack found me on here, and we are definitely going to be having a drink (or seven) together since she will there the same time as us! i'm so excited to have another BDW bride with me!
                    Cool when does she get there - this could end up being a BDW drink fest lmao




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users