Jump to content

Photo

How to say no...


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 cougs

cougs

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

    Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cancunbride
    Thank you guys all sooo much!!! I really do appreciate it...I will totally use these responses in a kind way...Its so frustrating having to explain to people that they cant come.

    Thanks girls I don't think I would be as strong in telling people no as I am right now!!!
    good luck!

    and not that this has anything to do with anything, but have i told you i LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair?!

    #12 KLC77

    KLC77
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,207 posts

      Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

      Good luck with this. I would be furious and probably just flip out. I just sent invites out this week, but I pre-filled peoples names on the reply card hoping to avoid this. We'll see how that works out.

      Also off topic, how did you make out with the damask stuff you were looking for? Any luck?
      ~Kelly

      Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

      #13 twotees1218

      twotees1218
      • Newbie
      • 44 posts

        Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

        I agree with all comments about the extra people EXCEPT that I truly feel single people should be allowed to bring a date. Yes, it's an extra amount, but let's remember when we were all single. It's an entire week of being the single girl at a wedding - not just an afternoon/evening. Further if good friends are willing to shell out big bucks to come to my wedding, I am prepared to buy their date dinner. You never know, it could work out for them and then they would have a need to be here too!

        #14 cancunbride

        cancunbride
        • Member
        • 531 posts

          Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          good luck!

          and not that this has anything to do with anything, but have i told you i LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair?!

          Thank you Lisa, Im trying to let it grow out for the big day!!

          #15 cancunbride

          cancunbride
          • Member
          • 531 posts

            Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by KLC77
            Good luck with this. I would be furious and probably just flip out. I just sent invites out this week, but I pre-filled peoples names on the reply card hoping to avoid this. We'll see how that works out.

            Also off topic, how did you make out with the damask stuff you were looking for? Any luck?

            Hi Kelly... *waves* Im in process of ordering them, thank you so much!!!

            #16 Amarillis

            Amarillis
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,913 posts

              Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:10 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by twotees1218
              I agree with all comments about the extra people EXCEPT that I truly feel single people should be allowed to bring a date. Yes, it's an extra amount, but let's remember when we were all single. It's an entire week of being the single girl at a wedding - not just an afternoon/evening. Further if good friends are willing to shell out big bucks to come to my wedding, I am prepared to buy their date dinner. You never know, it could work out for them and then they would have a need to be here too!


              TWOTEES: I couldn't agree more.

              But I can't believe the nerve of some people to think that because it is a DW it is open to everyone.

              Most recently, one person whom has booked had to drop out due to legal issues with leaving the country. In turn, a girl from our town, whom we know only on an acquaintence basis, asked if she could have his spot...

              ... it isn't a free for all... I will only say this... it is a free planet, you can be on any beach you please, but just because you are on the beach at the same time as MY wedding... it doesn't mean that you are invited, even if I did once say hello to you at the post office in my home town one day in 1996.....

              Phew... that really felt good.

              #17 BachataBride

              BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

                Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Amarillis
                TWOTEES: I couldn't agree more.

                But I can't believe the nerve of some people to think that because it is a DW it is open to everyone.

                Most recently, one person whom has booked had to drop out due to legal issues with leaving the country. In turn, a girl from our town, whom we know only on an acquaintence basis, asked if she could have his spot...

                ... it isn't a free for all... I will only say this... it is a free planet, you can be on any beach you please, but just because you are on the beach at the same time as MY wedding... it doesn't mean that you are invited, even if I did once say hello to you at the post office in my home town one day in 1996.....

                Phew... that really felt good.
                LMAO!!!
                That is so true!!
                But in all honesty...I've been inviting everyone!!
                I just sent out invitations to the people I REALLY want there...but people I haven't been talking to in a while, or coworkers, etc that I see I tell them to come along...the more the merrier!! But I don't have any extra costs associated on a per person basis either so it's a little different!
                And of course if there was someone coming that I really didn't want there I would be voicing my opinion for sure!!

                Good Luck with saying no!!

                #18 cougs

                cougs

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

                  Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Amarillis
                  ... it isn't a free for all... I will only say this... it is a free planet, you can be on any beach you please, but just because you are on the beach at the same time as MY wedding... it doesn't mean that you are invited, even if I did once say hello to you at the post office in my home town one day in 1996.....

                  Phew... that really felt good.
                  well i dunno ... you DID once say hello to her at the post office ... LMAO!

                  people are ridiculous!

                  #19 DanielleNDerek

                  DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

                    Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mummergirl
                    this kinda happened to me with FMIL inviting EVERYONE. she actually thought she was doing us a FAVOR, because she thought the more people we got to go, the better group rates we could get! LMAO
                    that is too funny
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

                    #20 Samantha S

                    Samantha S
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 369 posts

                      Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

                      We're some where in between everyone's situation. My FI is inviting everyone left and right with the 'verbal' invitation and we sent out real invitations to select people. We are paying per head so he makes me bang my head against the wall. I don't mind at all if people want to bring a date or even a friend so they are not alone the whole time and I expect that people will bring their immediate family (children, spouse) but we've had a couple of guests say their mother/sister/cousin/etc want to go and I just don't say anything back. When it comes down to it and we know these 'extra' guests are for sure going, we'll do what many girls are suggesting; whoever wants to go to Mexico can go to Mexico but we may not be able to accommodate people's personal guests at our wedding ceremony and reception. I'm keeping in mind what most gals say and that is that about half of the people that say they're coming will actually come. Our wedding is two months away and several people in our wedding party haven't even booked yet. We're not pressuring and prodding any one, if they come they come!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users