DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Khannan- what day is your wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khannan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1984 View Post
Hey guys!

we are now officially booked at Dreams PV for May 24, 2011. I'm a little concerned though as my main contact has been Samantha, and she is the group coordinator and I know that Rebecca is the usual wedding coordinator. Should I be worried? Rebecca was CCed originally when I first put in the request, but I stopped emailing her since my initial email came from Samantha. Should I be communicating with Rebecca instead? I'm already a little worried since she said the gazebo can fit up to 80 ppl and I have read reviews where 50 is tight.....

Has anyone dealt with Samantha for planning their wedding?

Hi M1984,

I am also getting married at Dreams PV in May 2011. I also have Samantha, and so far communications have been o.k but not great. I am a little worried and am considering requesting to work with Rebecca. You are the only other person that I have seen that has worked with Samantha.

We had a bonfire as well and yes, it was $300. It included the private server, cookies, marshmellows, chocolate, hot chocolate and was a really nice time. The bartender we had was great (actually the best service we had all week... the servers we had during our wedding reception were good as well). I'd recommend the bonfire.

Originally Posted by Crystal1880 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sascolo View Post

Are any of the new brides doing a bonfire?  Do you know what the cost is currently?

We are doing a bonfire. Louise said that the price is currently $300 and I believe that includes a private bartender.

I just updated my review on Dreams PV as my husband just told me about something that happened to a couple they were with... please read and check out negative review on TripAdvisor as well (I believe you can select to see just the negative reviews so you don't have to sift through them). A lot of the negative reviews say many of the same things as we do on rooms and service.

Hi fellow brides!  Just booked our wedding and room block for Dreams PV 11/18/11.  I've heard great things but am also concerned about Louise!  Looking forward to seeing more updates in 2011..... Hopefully she gets her s*** together!

Does anyone have Las Palmas Terrace reception pictures they could share??

We did the bonfire too!  Everyone loved it!

I think that everyone should be aware that you can not expect every single detail to go as planned for your destination wedding.  You have to go with the flow. 

And I am one that rated Dreams almost perfect...and yes my DH and I travel alot!

smile43.gifWheew! It took me a few days but I read through all the posts on this thread. I feel like I know everyone now!! While this has answered a few of my questions, I think it also added to my anxiety, especially with the what seems like high WC turnover.

Our date is 8/20/11, I know, rainy season but we're hopping for the best. I can't wait to continue my planning and share with the past, present and future Dreams Brides!

~KB

I'd like to encourage other brides who have issues the day of their wedding to complain and ask for discounts.  We had similar little errors but just paid the bill and didn't bother with it but after reading Dreams2011 review I realized we could have saved some money!  We had the wrong appies brought and never did get dessert because we were so far behind schedule.  The photog (Chris) was great but was missing a ton of important shots that we know she captured..... but we never complained! 

I just received my album from the resort and it's just ok.  They don't even do simple editing like brightening pics that are a little dark.  Just a heads up.  I ended up making my own album.

Originally Posted by aprilmay View Post

I'd like to encourage other brides who have issues the day of their wedding to complain and ask for discounts.  We had similar little errors but just paid the bill and didn't bother with it but after reading Dreams2011 review I realized we could have saved some money!  We had the wrong appies brought and never did get dessert because we were so far behind schedule.  The photog (Chris) was great but was missing a ton of important shots that we know she captured..... but we never complained! 

I just received my album from the resort and it's just ok.  They don't even do simple editing like brightening pics that are a little dark.  Just a heads up.  I ended up making my own album.

For sure, don't be afraid...if it's your day and there is more than just some very minor issues then definitely do. We received a discount of approx. 35% off our bill of almost $5000 without a big fight. They gave us an initial (pathetic) offer to cover the dessert mix up (around $150) and gave a little extra time on the reception & bonfire, but we demanded considerably more and by that night had an offer waiting for us in our room (after of course presenting all the facts to the WC's manager). I think part of the problem with this particular WC is that she isn't used to the 6 day a week schedule Mexicans work with painfully long hours, but still no excuse to screw up very simple details that were laid out in writing for her.

We found Chris captured almost all the photos we had hoped for, but at the same time there were some that we asked her to take that were on our list (party jumping on the beach for instance) that she wasn't asking us to do. If you're anal about photos (like I am jiggy.gif) then I suggest making a list ahead of time to either keep in mind when doing your photo session or even give to your photographer to check off. I found that the edited photos were pretty good, there is just a couple that I really liked where they caught someone in a bathing suit walking down the beach in the photo so that kinda sucks... and retaking that shot without someone in it would have been nice if the photographer realized they were there. We asked to have a DVD of all the photos, including the unedited ones as there may be some we like that the photographer didn't consider and we can do some editing of them at home. We also had them include the bonfire photos on the DVD at no extra cost. We paid $495 USD for the DVD that contained around 750 photos (about 300 edited, 300 unedited and then the bonfire). If you are a photo nut like me I'd recommend this. The price of the DVD was the same regardless if it included only some of the photos so why not get them all (??).

There is almost always going to be some incidental things that don't go as planned, but when there are many that could have been easily avoided by a little attention and focus then you should be compensated. I will at least commend the resort for acting on this swiftly and not making us fight "tooth and nail" for descent compensation, but at the same time we were very serious and adamant when discussing with them that we'd go way over their heads if descent compensation was not given. Be strong, diplomatic, and firm. This is your day and your $! We really do wish everyone the best and again I do think that maybe looking in to an outside coordinator would be best if you're really concerned about issues (I've read great things about Dazzling Details... I think that's their name...). cheers.gif