Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#881 KarenM

KarenM
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

Thanks so much for the recommendation Jess!

#882 allyson779

allyson779
    • 238 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

This is kind of random, but when booking our wedding, Rebeca indicated that there would be a chance that more than one wedding would be taking place on the same day.
      Is there any brides that had to experience this? If so ....
      Did you notice the other wedding party? Was there enough rooms for your guests?
      Did everything turn out ok?
      Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#883 allyson779

allyson779
      • 238 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

This is kind of random, but when booking our wedding, Rebeca indicated that there would be a chance that more than one wedding would be taking place on the same day.
        Is there any brides that had to experience this? If so ....
        Did you notice the other wedding party? Was there enough rooms for your guests?
        Did everything turn out ok?
        Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#884 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

usually there are 2-3 weddings on the same day. We lucked out and were the only wedding on our day but a lot of brides experienced same day weddings and it wasn't a big deal since they were going on in different spots at the resort.

#885 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Karen we went to Mandala and had a blast. It is a really nice set up. You will end up paying tourist prices for drinks. We talked to our waiter and he said that Tues-Thurs when most of the cruise ships are docked you end up paying more because everyone in town raises their prices.

Also I believe Rendezvous closed at 12 and Desires (the dance bar) closed at 1. Everyone would just move from the lobby to dancing when they kicked us out. It wasn't a big deal.

Allyson we lucked out too and only had 1 wedding on our day. There were other wedding parties at Dreams while we were there (obviously Jill's being one of them) and it was actually fun as our guests mingled at night and made new friends at the swim up bar. But, Rebeca was not around during the reception so I'm guessing she had some other event to work as well. This is where an outside DOC would come in handy.

#886 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

We went to Mandala and paid $35 for a wristband that was all you can drink - this was on thursday night. I would absolutely recommend the wristband!

#887 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hey girls. Got a sound/music question for Autumn, Jill, Jamie, Kimber, Lauren or anyone who had their ceremony at Dreams so if any of you have any insights you could share I'd appreciate it.
                Did you have music played for the ceremony (processional, recessional) and if so did you hire a DJ to play it or use your own sound system (ipod, etc)? We're getting married on the beach & it costs $100 to hire their DJ for the ceremony. Our ceremony is probably going to be less than 1/2 hour long so I really don't think it's worth the extra cost, but I'm worried that bringing our own ipod & speakers may not be loud enough for either the guests or me to hear (like knowing when to walk down the aisle).

Did any of you run into this? If you brought your own system was it loud enough? And who manned the ipod? How did you know when to start walking down the aisle? Just wondering if it's too much of a pain to coordinate and whether I should just suck it up & pay the 100 bucks.

Thanks chicas!

#888 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

my pics are up!!
                  Jessica + Paul | wedding Stephanie Williams Photography Blog

and day after:
                  Jessica + Paul | day after Stephanie Williams Photography Blog

#889 KarenM

KarenM
                  • 1,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

Jess! Your pictures are gorgeous!! You looked absolutely beautiful and you & Paul look so incredibly happy! There are so many great details in your wedding! And I LOVE your day-after shoot! btw, did you re-do your eye makeup for the ttd? It looks great!

#890 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

i did my makeup for the ttd - i think it looks crappy but thank you :) - haha i felt much better when they did it on the wedding day.

can't wait for yours Karen!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users