DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#871 january2011bride

january2011bride
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hi ladies,

So I'm booked at Dreams PV for Dec 20, 2010. Super excited, even though we aren't getting exactly what we wanted.

I read online somewhere (from all the stuff Rebeca gave me) fireworks are no longer an option. Does anyone know if this is true? It seems a lot of people have been given different answers to some things.

Thanks, this forum is super helpful!

#872 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Congrats!! Not sure on the fireworks- we had fireworks about a month ago but we booked it outside of the resort

#873 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Welcome January2011bride! December is a great time to get married at Dreams

We didn't buy fireworks, but we saw them every night. If you can't get them through the resort, I would check with an outside vendor.

#874 january2011bride

january2011bride
        • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Autumn, I have to ask (and I don't know how to directly msg you) where is your rehersal drewss from? What brand is it? I think it's so pretty and looking at your planning thread makes me feel like I should get my butt in gear!

#875 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

Awww thanks! It's the Betsey Johnson Tablecloth dress. I'm going to try to sell it and a couple of my other wedding event dresses this weekend (I'm really sick of orange and white). They range from size 4 to 8 if you are interested.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by january2011bride
            Autumn, I have to ask (and I don't know how to directly msg you) where is your rehersal drewss from? What brand is it? I think it's so pretty and looking at your planning thread makes me feel like I should get my butt in gear!

#876 january2011bride

january2011bride
            • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by autjo
              Awww thanks! It's the Betsey Johnson Tablecloth dress. I'm going to try to sell it and a couple of my other wedding event dresses this weekend (I'm really sick of orange and white). They range from size 4 to 8 if you are interested.
              That's a great idea! What did you hase in mind, ebay? I would definitely be interested...

#877 Crystal1880

Crystal1880
              • Site Supporter
              • 135 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

Hello I was am debating on changing from the riu in Jamaica to Dreams PV. I am not working with a huge budget and I was wondering if it is possible to plan a wedding there with 45 people for around $5000..

#878 allyson779

allyson779
                • 238 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:32 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Crystal1880
                  Hello I was am debating on changing from the riu in Jamaica to Dreams PV. I am not working with a huge budget and I was wondering if it is possible to plan a wedding there with 45 people for around $5000..
                  I am not sure, but if you contact the resort directly they will be able to give you a price listing and explain all the options available.
                  Also if you go to their website- you can view some of the packages.
                  Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resorts & Spas: Plan Your Wedding
                  Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#879 KarenM

KarenM
                  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Welcome ladies!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Crystal1880
                    I sure hope so cuz that's about what we're planning!! It all depends on what you do & whether you hire an outside coordinator, but for the Dreams of Love or Ultimate packages each guest over 20 costs $55 per person (for the cocktail hour + dinner) so if you have 45 guests, that'll be $1375 (plus whatever package price you go with). Double check with Rebeca on the costs, but I think it's totally doable.

For those of you who've been to Dreams recently: Do you remember what time Rendezvous closes? I'm trying to make up my "get ready for PV" brochures.

Also, anyone have a recommendation of a good/fun bar in downtown PV? Paul wants to have a bachelor-party-type night in town with all the guys so I thought I'd check here first. :)

Thanks!!

#880 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Bachelor type thingy - Mandala for sure Karen!

Rendezvous I think closes at 12 but don't hold me to that - I'm not positive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users