Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#831 KarenM

KarenM
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

10 pairs of sandals?!? Yeesh, lady! Although, that's exactly what I'm afraid of since I tend to pack like I'm never coming home. All the clothes & shoes plus all of the wedding stuff = too many bags. I'm gonna end up paying more to check bags than for the plane ticket.

I'm really excited for you three (J,J,A)! You're all gonna be gorgeous!

#832 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

Jill - you do not need 10 dress up sandals - narrow it down girl! :)

#833 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

I'm totally going to put all of my clothes in the planning thread. That way it will make me narrow it down to what I really like and need to take. Another thing that I always do for trips is pick 1 main color and bring stuff that coordinates with that. That way you can mix and match outfits and it really cuts down on what you bring. For this trip everything matches with white and orange with brown shoes/purses, etc. Obviously the wedding colors

As for luggage I'd like to limit it to 3 checked bags and 3 items to carry on. We are planning on checking 1 lg, 1 med, 1 sm suitcase + a ski duffel (only if needed). Then we'll carry my dress, FI's suit and other hanging stuff in a tri-fold, my rolling duffel + FI's carry-on (only if needed).

Also still debating on whether or not to bring our nice camera. I'm taking the point and shoot for sure, but we have a DSLR that takes amazing pics. I would want to go take pics of the church, town, malecon, etc. But I just don't know how much time we will have to do that stuff (or if we would even want to). That also adds another back-pack into the mix.

Jill ~ You are going to be at the pool or the beach most of the time! Forget the shoes!

#834 KarenM

KarenM
        • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Wow Autumn, you're so organized! I love it! I'll have to remember your packing tips in May.

That's a tough call about the camera. I've always wanted a really nice camera to take cool architectural & landscape shots (that we could then blow up & frame) and if I had one I think I'd want to bring it. But I also understand the potential risks of bringing it.
          If you knew that you wanted to carve out a day to go exploring & get great pics then I'd say bring it (just keep it locked up in a suitcase the rest of the time). But, you guys should talk about it to decide if that's on your busy list of things to do in PV.

#835 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hahahaha I have to appear organized because it honestly looks like a Mexico wedding threw up all over our guest bedroom!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KarenM
            Wow Autumn, you're so organized! I love it!

#836 KarenM

KarenM
            • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

haha so it's just a front?! Well at least you have color-coordinated outfits! You should post pictures of your Mexico-wedding volcanic eruption.

#837 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

I leave tomorrow for Dreams ladies!!! yayyy

soo I was just reading a tripadvisor review that the Dreams staff opens the safes and someone got money stolen? this sucks and I really hope it doesn't happen as I'm planning on putting the rings and such in there

#838 autjo

autjo
                • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

Jess I'm so excited for you! I keep stalking the DD FB waiting for a glimpse of your stuff :) You are going to have such a fabulous wedding!!!

I had a watch stolen out of a safe at the Riu in Cabo. And I was at a wedding in Kansas City where the rings were stolen out of the best mans tux garmet bag while it was in valet. People suck in all countries so it is better to error on the side of caution. Probably a good idea to find some good hiding spots in your luggage (maybe even a spot that you can lock with a personal lock) because everyone in the hotel has the key or code to the in room safes. Really the dishonest people are just looking for quick wins of things to take, so just be smart about your stuff!

#839 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jess
                    I leave tomorrow for Dreams ladies!!! yayyy

soo I was just reading a tripadvisor review that the Dreams staff opens the safes and someone got money stolen? this sucks and I really hope it doesn't happen as I'm planning on putting the rings and such in there
                    we put all of our stuff - money, rings, etc. - in my purse, which i then put in my suitcase, which i kept locked. i did the same thing at dreams riviera cancun a few weeks ago. i had read the same review, and the bellboy was a little too eager to show me how to work the safe.

#840 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Yay Jess!! Sooo exciting! Have a terrific time!

Autumn, how horrible for that couple!! The best man must've felt awful! I can't even imagine what I'd do if our rings were stolen!
                      I would definitely bring a lock for the luggage & keep anything valuable locked up. I've heard too many horror stories about those "safes".

Lauren, how was Dreams Cancun? That's great you got to go on vacation! I'm dying to go somewhere - somehow Scranton for Thanksgiving isn't cutting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users