Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#241 Jess

Jess
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

I think you'll be okay still - just start talking to your guests about it and they will probably book sooner than later if they want to go

#242 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

Does anyone know what the Ultimate package means in terms of photos and video? It says that you get 50 pics and a 30 min dvd. Do you still have to go hire a phtographer? It looks like everyone on this thread is bringing their own so I'm confused. Does the photographer included in the package stink?

#243 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
      • 612 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by autjo
        Does anyone know what the Ultimate package means in terms of photos and video? It says that you get 50 pics and a 30 min dvd. Do you still have to go hire a phtographer? It looks like everyone on this thread is bringing their own so I'm confused. Does the photographer included in the package stink?
        Autjo, it looks like you're the day after me!
        I have done hours upon hours of research and I'm using Paulina. The package includes the photographer at the resort, you don't have to pay extra. I asked Rebeca for sample photos of their work, and (this is only my opinion) but they aren't bad, they just aren't awesome. That's all. I was either going to go with them or Promovision for 6-8 hours of coverage, or spend the same budget and get Paulina for maybe only a few hours. So, I think it just depends what you want. More hours, more photos, good photos. Fewer hours, fewer photos, amazing quality. It also depends on your budget. Just ask Rebeca to send you sample of the work from the resort, she will send it over to you.
        I'm using Paulina for photo but I am using the 30 min video from the resort that is included in the package.
        Let me know if I was confusing too, it's a little late, so I'm not sure if all that made sense... :)
        ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
        My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#244 autjo

autjo
        • 2,182 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Jill! I just got the photo stuff from the resort and totally agree with you - although you are way more PC than I am. Paulina's work looks amazing. I'll have to figure out what we are going to do now because I was kinda banking on using the included photographer. But after being on this forum it looks like a lot of people bring their own!

We'll have to plan a meet up at the resort since we're there at the same time

#245 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cbbt1985
            Hi everyone,

I am a June 25th 2010 Dreams PV bride!!!

Up until yesterday I was planning my wedding at Dreams Tulum, but then I met with my TA because I was still uncertain but loved Dreams resort, after staying in the one in Cabo...and she suggested PV and wow its so beautiful. I knew it was the place immediately!

I'm assuming the packages are the same, but has anyone had experience with the hair/salon? I'm a hair stylist, so to me hair is more important than the dress! haha

read the rest of this thread for more hair/salon info...it's been discussed several times.

also, are you bringing in your own photographer?
            Thanks so much! Its amazing to have a community like this when planning a destination wedding!!
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by autjo
            i brought my own. i didn't like the pics i was shown and 50 pics were not enough for me. we did not hire an outside videographer. while i'm not the most recent dreams pv bride, my pics and review are still in my siggy

#246 smith3576

smith3576
            • 290 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

Our TA is pushing for people to book by May 12 for our Nov 3 date. She says the hotel is booking up for our week. So your TAs time line seems a little off. We did reserve a block of rooms, but didn't have to put anything down on the rooms.
              We're married! Jamie

#247 Justine LaBatch

Justine LaBatch
              • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

I am attending a wedding at Dreams PV ON June 19th- is anyone else worried about the swine flu?

#248 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

Justine did you read this thread?:
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41426

#249 ashey063009

ashey063009
                  • 604 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

I think the emoticon says it all. FML.

#250 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

aww Ash - I think everything is going to be okay for yours!! I hope I hope I hopeeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users