Jump to content

Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"


  • Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#2071 b gardner

b gardner
  • Newbie
  • 34 posts

    Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

    Oh and enjoy the stags, we did ours last weekend and had a blast we ended up booking with the same limo and driver as the guys , we never crossed paths but we left them a sign that we all wrote on in the limo, got the limo driver to make sure it made it home with the guys and so that's a nice keepsake of the night and we all had a BLAST! I hope you enjoy your bachelorette as much as I enjoyed mine! I almost wish we could do it all over again because we had so much fun! Does anyone know the name of a hair and makeup artist with a salon in PV I can't remember his name but he is suppose to be really good and he uses MAC cosmetics I might try to contact him if plan A doesn't work out:P

    #2072 mllek1986

    mllek1986
    • Site Supporter
    • 182 posts

      Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

      I just booked my bonfire for the night before the wedding in lieu of a rehearsal dinner, super pumped! Did anyone rent any equipment for slide shows or anything like that?



      #2073 Branya2012

      Branya2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 200 posts

        Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

        My fiancee and I are getting married at Las Caletas, but we decided yesterday that the resort we will be staying at will be Dreams PV!! So excited! I think this thread is awesome, so glad I found it! It helped us choose Dreams, for sure! We are also getting a really great deal, which helped as well!

         

        All the best, safe travels and wonderful weddings to all you brides whose wedding dates are fast approaching!! Can't wait to hear all about it! And see pics.


        ~ December 5, 2012 ~

        ~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~


        #2074 mllek1986

        mllek1986
        • Site Supporter
        • 182 posts

          Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:10 AM


          Hey,

          Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You will love Dreams I'm sure, great choice!

           

          Just an FYI, I was just looking at your webpage and noticed that in the wedding part you say you want the location to be a surprise but then you wrote underneath where the itinerary is that the boat arrives at Las Caletas.

           

          Kate

          Originally Posted by Branya2012 

          My fiancee and I are getting married at Las Caletas, but we decided yesterday that the resort we will be staying at will be Dreams PV!! So excited! I think this thread is awesome, so glad I found it! It helped us choose Dreams, for sure! We are also getting a really great deal, which helped as well!

           

          All the best, safe travels and wonderful weddings to all you brides whose wedding dates are fast approaching!! Can't wait to hear all about it! And see pics.



           



          #2075 LTLFAITHY

          LTLFAITHY
          • Jr. Member
          • 180 posts

            Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

            Hello Brides-to-Be! (and any Grooms out there)

            So my fiance and I have decided that we want to go the Destination Wedding route! And we are seriously considering Dreams PV, but I have read so many horrible reviews about disasters with the WC's at the resort that I am a little apprehensive. Is/has anybody out there had a positive experience planning a wedding at this resort? We are paying for the wedding ourselves, so an outside wedding planner is not really an option. Also, we are looking at the Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package, but we will definitely have more than 20 guests ~ has anybody received a price quote on how much each additional guest will cost?? 

            Thank you in advance for any tips/suggestions/info :) 


            ~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

            4.27.13

            54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!


            #2076 Branya2012

            Branya2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 200 posts

              Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

              Thanks!!

               

              I didn't want to keep people from finding out on their own...and I don't think anyone has been there before. Silly I guess...thanks!

               

              Originally Posted by mllek1986 

              Hey,

              Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You will love Dreams I'm sure, great choice!

               

              Just an FYI, I was just looking at your webpage and noticed that in the wedding part you say you want the location to be a surprise but then you wrote underneath where the itinerary is that the boat arrives at Las Caletas.

               

              Kate

               



               


              ~ December 5, 2012 ~

              ~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~


              #2077 LTLFAITHY

              LTLFAITHY
              • Jr. Member
              • 180 posts

                Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

                Hello Brides-to-Be! 

                I am new on here, but my fiance and I have decided to go with a destination wedding ~ YAY! We are at the very beginning stages, but we really like the way Dreams Puerto Vallarta looks, and their prices seem very reasonable. However, I have read some horrifying reviews regarding their wedding coordinators, and we definitely won't have the funds to pay an outside wedding planner. I am just wondering what kind of experience some of you have had with their WC's? 


                ~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

                4.27.13

                54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!


                #2078 SarahBen2011

                SarahBen2011
                • Jr. Member
                • 178 posts

                  Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

                  Congrats LTLFAITHY!!!!  It's true - the wedding coordinators at Dreams are a bit MIA and so far we've gone through 3 different coordinators.  I'm a very detail oriented person so it took some time to get over that and some of the miscommunication we had.  But, I'm getting married here in 4 weeks and now everything is lined up and ready to go.  I'll keep you posted but I'm very excited!



                  #2079 LTLFAITHY

                  LTLFAITHY
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 180 posts

                    Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

                    You must be so excited SarahBen2011!! I am also a VERY detail oriented person, which is why I was so concerned reading some of the reviews. Are you guys using one of their packages?? We are looking at the Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package, but we will definitely have more than 20 people, so I need to look into what the additional cost/person fee will be. Looking forward to hearing about the Big Day! 

                     


                    ~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

                    4.27.13

                    54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!


                    #2080 mllek1986

                    mllek1986
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 182 posts

                      Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

                      Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

                      You are right about the wedding coordinators being a little dicey in the past but I've been very impressed with the current one (Fatima), all in all she will be my fourth I have worked with but I have also been planning for about a year and a half.

                      The main issues I've had in the past was having them honour prices that past coordinators have provided to us, but it was always resolved and honoured after I copied and pasted responses from a previous email. Other than that I have constant contact with Fatima and she usually responds within a max of 2 days.

                      We have around 55 guests coming to Dreams for our wedding in January and we are also getting the Ultimate package, so we're paying about $75 per person above the 20 for the cocktail hour ($30 per person)  and plated private reception ($45 per person). I would put in your request immediately with them to reserve your date ($500 deposit for ultimate package) and get them to write you up a contract asap before they start implementing the 2012 prices (they've been known to go up by more than 50% on certain items).

                      Good luck with your planning. I don't believe there's a better place to get married than at Dreams!
                       

                      Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY 

                      You must be so excited SarahBen2011!! I am also a VERY detail oriented person, which is why I was so concerned reading some of the reviews. Are you guys using one of their packages?? We are looking at the Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package, but we will definitely have more than 20 people, so I need to look into what the additional cost/person fee will be. Looking forward to hearing about the Big Day! 

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users