DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#2011 kerrib

kerrib
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

Ashleydawn85 -

We had 4 guests stay outside the resort. They were able to come in whenever they wanted, but had let the resort know beforehand. For the wedding, we let the WC know and gave her their names. We paid for their cost of entry that day and also had to pay extra for their cocktail/dinner at the wedding. There was no problem.

AliMcBaal-Do the sign!!! It came in handy and it looked cute!! Vistaprint was a God for all things wedding related!

#2012 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
    • 83 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

KerriB -

Did you bring graham crackers / chocolate down to make s'mores or did you just use what Dreams provided to you at the bonfire?

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
      San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#2013 mllek1986

mllek1986
      • Site Supporter
      • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

What night does the resort have their bonfire? is it the same thing?

Originally Posted by AliMcBaal 

Kerrib,

Such a great idea with the lawn sign - thanks for the idea!  I'm going to look into it.  Our bonfire is on the same night as the hotel's bonfire so definitely want to keep the unwanted guests out of our private function.

#2014 mllek1986

mllek1986
        • Site Supporter
        • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Kerrib - Did you buy the small or large lawn sign? did it fit in your luggage?

#2015 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
          • 83 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

They have it on Wednesday nights.  Juan from the resort sent me this calendar that he said is 99% confirmed for October.

And I bought 2 small lawn signs.  I was worried the large would be too large and i wouldn't be able to fit it in my suitcase!

Originally Posted by mllek1986 

What night does the resort have their bonfire? is it the same thing?

Attached Files

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
            San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#2016 b gardner

b gardner
            • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Did anyone go to the mexican fiesta? how was it?

The fiesta is the same night as our wedding so we are thinking about possibly incorrporating that into our time line of things but only if its worth incorrporating. lol

input greatly appreciated.

#2017 xoamdxo75

xoamdxo75
              • 63 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

We went to the Mexican Fiesta when we visited the resort. There were 2 weddings that night. One bride had her reception at Las Palmas and the other bride that was there just had her group all meet up at the Mexican Fiesta. They have vendors, tons of food and performances.

My wedding is the same night as the Mexican Fiesta as well. I don't plan on incorporating it at all since we will be having a cocktail hour and dinner. By the time we are done, it would be 10:30 and the Fiesta would be over with. Hope that helps!

#2018 xoamdxo75

xoamdxo75
                • 63 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Is there anyone who is having a cocktail hour or had one? I'm looking for some insight on what the setup is like. We are getting married at Oceana and having our recption at Las Palmas. I really don't want to pay for the cocktail tables/furniture but I'm not sure how the cocktail hour would work without that stuff. Any help is appreciated! :)

#2019 mllek1986

mllek1986
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

This is what Fatima sent me as a set up example for Las Palmas Cocktail hour. Looks like it has the tables for the reception set up in the background. Hope it helps!

Is there anyone who is having a cocktail hour or had one? I'm looking for some insight on what the setup is like. We are getting married at Oceana and having our recption at Las Palmas. I really don't want to pay for the cocktail tables/furniture but I'm not sure how the cocktail hour would work without that stuff. Any help is appreciated! :)

Attached Files

#2020 b gardner

b gardner
                    • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

When you previously visited the resort, How was the fiesta? was the food good? were their lots of activities worth being there for?

Im contemplating doing dinner at oceana restaurant (just thier basic menu- eleane has said they will set up the tables for us) or im debating doing the mexican fiesta but i dont want to do the mexican fiesta for dinner if its cheesy and boring) after dinner we are doing a bonfire which im REALLY excited about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users