DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#1971 mllek1986

mllek1986
  • Site Supporter
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

haha awesome. Were you at the beach or Las Palmas?

Originally Posted by lauren 

i had pashminas for the ladies and some used it. i was so drunk at the wedding that i didn't notice......................but on other nights, it was definitely chilly enough for something.

#1972 mllek1986

mllek1986
    • Site Supporter
    • 182 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

tee-hee creeping on the live Dreams webcam- looks like a beautiful day for Kerrib's wedding! Way to go girl!!

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 

Agreed!  Congrats Kerrib - one day to go!!!!!  Have a blast :)

#1973 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mllek1986 

haha awesome. Were you at the beach or Las Palmas?

las palmas. i'd plan on bringing something for every night, even if it's the same shawl every night. better to be safe, yadda yadda.

#1974 Dreams2011

Dreams2011
        • 105 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

We were married the first week of January. It was about 30'c (86'F) the day of our wedding and at night was probably about 20'c (68'F). It was plenty warm even with the light breeze. We were however dancing quite a bit later on, but even before that it was plenty warm. Doesn't hurt to have something to put over your shoulders just in case...

Originally Posted by mllek1986 

Hey dreamgirls, for any of you that got married and had their reception on the beach in January/February did you find it cold at night? Just wanting to know if I should get a shawl or a bolero. Thanks!

#1975 NM2011

NM2011
          • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hey Ladies hoping you can help. We are trying to hire a driver to take our guests to and from the airport and resort. The quote we got is crazy high and I can't imagine we couldn't get something a little more competivite. Have any of you hired drivers for your wedding? How did they do? Could you post their contact info. Thanks!

#1976 mllek1986

mllek1986
            • Site Supporter
            • 182 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hi NM2011,

Did you try this site? http://www.vallartat...s.com/rates.htm If you buy a private vehicle it looks like you can save a bit of cash.

Did you ask Dreams whether they offer a shuttle service at all? You would think a 5 star resort would have this for free or at least a decent rate.

Did you book independently or are you through a travel provider? We are going through Sunquest and so our transfers are included in our prepackaged vacation. Sometimes they don't advertise this but it is included.

Good luck.

#1977 NM2011

NM2011
              • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Thanks mllek1986!

Yes we checked with the resort and they don't have a transfer service that they provide. It's kinda strange they don't. I thought the same as you. I'll check out the website you gave and see what I can find.

#1978 kerrib

kerrib
                • 207 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hi Girls, We're back and married, WHOOOHOOO!

I'm still writing my review and planning thread.

In a nutshell: We had an amazing time at the resort. There were some bumps along the way with the wedding. With persistence it was all smoothed over. In the end we both we happy and all of our guests loved everything we did. (I will post a detailed one soon and let you know when I do.)

But until then, here are my pro shots....I know we all love photos. We also did a trash the dress but used my sister who is a professional photographer. If you want to add me on facebook you can see all billion photos of the resort, wedding, bonfire, trash the dress, etc. Kerri Blaine.

http://20082011kerri.../#/slideshow-1/

#1979 JMikla

JMikla
                  • 189 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

kerrib - you loved stunning! What a beautiful wedding and great photos! Super big congrats!

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
                    70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#1980 mllek1986

mllek1986
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 182 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Congrats Kerri. You looked stunning!! Can't wait to read your review and planning thread.

Originally Posted by kerrib 

Hi Girls, We're back and married, WHOOOHOOO!

I'm still writing my review and planning thread.

In a nutshell: We had an amazing time at the resort. There were some bumps along the way with the wedding. With persistence it was all smoothed over. In the end we both we happy and all of our guests loved everything we did. (I will post a detailed one soon and let you know when I do.)

But until then, here are my pro shots....I know we all love photos. We also did a trash the dress but used my sister who is a professional photographer. If you want to add me on facebook you can see all billion photos of the resort, wedding, bonfire, trash the dress, etc. Kerri Blaine.

http://20082011kerri.../#/slideshow-1/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users