Jump to content

Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"


  • Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#1841 mllek1986

mllek1986
  • Site Supporter
  • 182 posts

    Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

    Thanks Dreams2011. Which beach did you have yours at? We were thinking Seaside.



    #1842 Dreams2011

    Dreams2011
    • Newbie
    • 105 posts

      Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

      We went Seaside and after seeing both we'd choose the Seaside again...we thought it was prettier...
       

      Originally Posted by mllek1986 

      Thanks Dreams2011. Which beach did you have yours at? We were thinking Seaside.



       



      #1843 star18

      star18
      • Jr. Member
      • 201 posts

        Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

        Has anyone had the chocolate brownie, spice cake or red velvet wedding cake flavors?



        #1844 Dreams2011

        Dreams2011
        • Newbie
        • 105 posts

          Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:16 AM


          those must be new.... we had Kahlua on 2 layers and Tres Leches on the 3rd and they were pretty good...

          Originally Posted by star18 

          Has anyone had the chocolate brownie, spice cake or red velvet wedding cake flavors?



           



          #1845 1elephant

          1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

            Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

            personally, i'd move to the beach w/ more than 40 people.

             

            didn't have those cakes. had some kind of chocolate and tres leches. neither particularly good, but that's how most of the desserts were at dreams.



            #1846 kerrib

            kerrib
            • Jr. Member
            • 207 posts

              Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

              Just saw this on Dreams website. Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was pretty cool. http://www.dreamsres...epv/webcam.html

               

              We're getting the Tres Leches cake, we figured, when in Mexico...plus we eat it here a lot and we like it. We're just keeping the two layer cake that comes with our package and having it cut and placed out. All the guests get a desert with their meals anyway. We know not everyone likes cake. I've been to so many weddings where barely anyone is eating the cake, I felt it would be a waste to order a cake large enough for everyone. I didn't see red velvet as a choice, I may have to change my mind!!

               

              We have 68 guests including us and we originally selected Las Palmas, not thinking that many would come. Now we are considering moving it to the beach. Only fear for us is that we are during the rainy season and I was told that if the beach is too uneven we have to pay to have a tractor come out and grade the beach. I could see that costing as much as the wedding itself! It is hard to picture layouts and spacing without ever having been there.



              #1847 sarahinlove

              sarahinlove
              • Newbie
              • 47 posts

                Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

                I'm BAAAACK!  Ladies, it was PERFECT! Have no fears!

                 

                Here is my slideshow... I will write my review as soon as I can!

                 

                http://070611sarahty.../#/slideshow-1/

                 

                 

                 



                #1848 sarahinlove

                sarahinlove
                • Newbie
                • 47 posts

                  Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:34 AM


                  Hello!

                   

                  I just got back from Dreams and we had our reception at Las Palmas. I would agree with Fatima.  Definietly no room.

                   

                  We had 5 table of 8, but one of those was for the bridal party. With such a small group we loved not having a standard "head table". We saw another wedding with a sweetheart table, but it seemed that they were missing out on all the fun sitting all by themselves!

                   

                  Even with just our 5 tables, the dance floor area was pretty small. When they announced the first dance, I figured they would be moving some stuff out of the way, but nope! It is just a small area. Is your heart set on the lounge chairs? With our short 3 hour receptions, are you sure your guests will sit on them enough to make it worth the $$$? They are so expensive! Our guests were too busy dancing and mingling. Just my thoughts, though. I think that if you didn't have the lounge chairs, you might be able to fit everything else. They could move your appetizer tables closer to the bar area, I think.

                   

                   

                  Anyway, good luch with the decisions!

                   


                   

                  Originally Posted by mllek1986 

                  Hey girls,

                  I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out the set-up for the Las Palmas Cocktail Hour and Reception. We currently have around 50-60 guests attending the wedding and so far have the following for set up:

                  5 tables of 8

                  1 head table for 15 people (all on one side- so likely 4 tables put together)

                  2 sets of lounge furniture

                  Bar

                  Dance area

                   

                  Fatima is telling me that there is essentially no way to have that large of a head table and that maybe we should go with a sweetheart table which is not what we want or move to the beach. For any of you past brides or those who have visited the site- do you think this is doable and not too squishy or should we just suck it up and go to the beach even though we had our heart set on Las Palmas?

                   

                  Thanks for your help!!



                   



                  #1849 SarahBen2011

                  SarahBen2011
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 178 posts

                    Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

                    Congrats SarahInLove!!!!!  Your pictures look amazing and you look beautiful!!!  So great to hear that you had a blast!  I love your flowers - did you have roses and lilies?  What flowers did your BMs have?  Flowers are the one thing I can't seem to figure out! haahh Congrats again!



                    #1850 mllek1986

                    mllek1986
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 182 posts

                      Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

                      So we have decided to move to Seaside beach as we do not want to be squished by any means and this just seemed like the best thing to do. Our reception is 4 hours long (we're paying for the extra hour) as we wanted to have it as long as possible. We are just getting 2 sets of lounge furniture, each set seats 7 people (3 mini couches, one chair and a table), each set costs $165, plus we are getting some coloured pillows to go with it ($4-7 each). I am hoping this is not a waste of money for the lounge sets on the beach - any other girls out there use them? If you could do it over would you have cut them?

                      Also- what's the lighting like on the beach- we are getting 4 hanging lights like the one's below. Plus our DJ has lighting. Do you think this will be enough light?
                       

                      Originally Posted by sarahinlove 


                      Hello!

                       

                      I just got back from Dreams and we had our reception at Las Palmas. I would agree with Fatima.  Definietly no room.

                       

                      We had 5 table of 8, but one of those was for the bridal party. With such a small group we loved not having a standard "head table". We saw another wedding with a sweetheart table, but it seemed that they were missing out on all the fun sitting all by themselves!

                       

                      Even with just our 5 tables, the dance floor area was pretty small. When they announced the first dance, I figured they would be moving some stuff out of the way, but nope! It is just a small area. Is your heart set on the lounge chairs? With our short 3 hour receptions, are you sure your guests will sit on them enough to make it worth the $$$? They are so expensive! Our guests were too busy dancing and mingling. Just my thoughts, though. I think that if you didn't have the lounge chairs, you might be able to fit everything else. They could move your appetizer tables closer to the bar area, I think.

                       

                       

                      Anyway, good luch with the decisions!

                       


                       



                       




                      Hanging Lanterns.JPG






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users