2227 replies to this topic

#1601 mllek1986

mllek1986
  • Site Supporter
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

I was quoted $50 by him last month

Originally Posted by Crystal1880 

Esman told me there is a $100 fee for all the decor set-up at the ceremony and reception. That is if you are bringing your own decor. Has anybody else been told this?

#1602 kerrib

kerrib
    • 207 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

I was told $50 by Rebecca.

Esman told me there is a $100 fee for all the decor set-up at the ceremony and reception. That is if you are bringing your own decor. Has anybody else been told this?

#1603 Crystal1880

Crystal1880
      • Site Supporter
      • 135 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

I was originally told $50 for my centerpiece set-up, but I also am bringing my own chair sashes and fans to put on the guests chairs. So he said it is an additional $50 for the ceremony set-up as well. I am so confused now. :-(

#1604 Dreams2011

Dreams2011
        • 105 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

I was married in January 2011 at Dreams PV and was never charged any additional set up fee for my own decorations (this is the first I've even heard about it). The additional decorations we brought and gave for them to set up were:  fake petals to line the ceremony isle; setout guestbook and pen; seashells, napkins, and favor boxes for the reception table; cake topper and cake serving set; podium for MC (resort provided). It wasn't much, but still they never charged us or even mentioned a charge. They really nickel and dime you so can't say I'm surprised......but the fact we were recently married there and not charged I'd question it.

#1605 khannan

khannan
          • 24 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

When I emailed Esman I was told there would not be a fee for decor set-up.  This has me a little worried.

#1606 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

just tell him no. tell him you are in contact with other brides who didn't have to pay and that you don't understand why you should pay if they didn't. if he argues, say the same thing, but for the $50 fee. it should force them to get their story straight, if nothing else.

#1607 mychelle

mychelle
              • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'm considering a wedding at Dreams PV and just wanted to say hi before I start going question-crazy. I've been working my way from page one for a few days now and took down a bunch of notes. I'm on page 85 so I'll probably be up to speed in a few more days. It is a little annoying that I can't open any attachments until I can get post #s up. But this board seems fabulous. Anyway, HI!!

#1608 mychelle

mychelle
                • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Okay. So I finally finished reading this whole massive thread. I was psyched and wholey convinced that Dreams PV was it until I hit about pages 135-140ish. Now I'm not so sure. I have to do more research.

#1609 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
                  • 543 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dreams2011 

I was married in January 2011 at Dreams PV and was never charged any additional set up fee for my own decorations (this is the first I've even heard about it). The additional decorations we brought and gave for them to set up were:  fake petals to line the ceremony isle; setout guestbook and pen; seashells, napkins, and favor boxes for the reception table; cake topper and cake serving set; podium for MC (resort provided). It wasn't much, but still they never charged us or even mentioned a charge. They really nickel and dime you so can't say I'm surprised......but the fact we were recently married there and not charged I'd question it.

I was also just married at Dreams January 2011 and was never charged anything to set up all the stuff I brought...a fee was never even mentioned to me. We had brought table place cards with a "map" of the tables as to where each name was supposed to go, center pieces with fake tea lights in them, "gems" to sprinkle on the tables around the center pieces, cake topper, cake serving set, and guest favours. I would DEFINETLY be questioning this charge!! $100 or even $50 just to set out your decorations seems ridiculous!

#1610 gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow
                    • 125 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

I had emails specifically asking if there was a charge to set up things we brought and was told no. Things change the the drop of a hat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users