Originally Posted by gowiththeflow
hey ladies! Soooooo....we were so frustrated with Dreams and everything going on, that we have decided to get married off of the resort. We have reserved Le Kliff. We really love it and I am actually really excited. I think this all happened for a reason. I feel so much better because contact has been awesome. We will still be having the bonfire and everything.
On a side note, I just got home from work. I'm outside of Chicago and don;t know if any of you have seen the crazy weather, but OMG! I'm a nurse and they called a disaster code, so we were not allowed to leave. I worked yesterday for 12 hrs, slept at the hospital, and got off at 7pm after another 12 hr shift. I'm exhausted! I hope anyone else hit with this weather is safe and warm!
Congrats on deciding on Le Kliff! It's absolutely gorgeous there & you're going to have a beautiful wedding! It's unfortunate you were kind of getting the run-around from Dreams, but I agree things happen for a reason & maybe this is what you're supposed to be doing. Also, the bonfire is so much fun - you definitely won't regret doing that.
I'm from Chicago too (we're actually moving back this summer) & talked to my mom & sis-in-law Tues night & Wed. My sis-in-law emailed me pics of my niece/nephew in the snow- it was craziness!! A total white-out w/ people skiing in the streets.
And OMG, I can't even imagine the disaster double-shift! Which hosp are you at? We had some of that out here too last month & though I'm not a staff nurse, 2 of my good friends had similar situations at NYU & Methodist. No one could make it into work.
Hopefully you're digging your way out of the igloo!