Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#121 smith3576

smith3576
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

These are good points about the sound volume that I hadn't though of! But I'm confused about the cost of the DJ because they were quoting us $800 for the DJ for the evening (vs. $300 for the rental alone) but it sounds like some of you are getting much lower quotes for the DJ. Although I think we got that before Rebecca came on. Can you all give me more detail on what you are getting for the price for the DJ and sound system?

And thanks Sarah, for the great info! It's so hard to really picture it all (we haven't been there and can't afford to go down before the wedding) so all the info is really helpful!

Thanks!

Attached Files

We're married! Jamie

#122 ashey063009

ashey063009
    • 604 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sarahLambert08

Excursions We've been told to just book when you there its cheaper than the net.

I definitely agree, I made the mistake of booking online last time, and it's quite a bit cheaper if you just wait and either ask the concierge to set up options, or just visit the Adventure centre of your choice on your own.

I really highly recommend the Adventure Tour with Vallarta Adventures. It's AMAZINGLY well put together, with many adventure elements included for one price-- horseback ride up mountain, zip-line, some minor hiking and you even get to rappel down a water fall! Amazing, and well priced.

#123 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
      • 118 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by smith3576
        These are good points about the sound volume that I hadn't though of! But I'm confused about the cost of the DJ because they were quoting us $800 for the DJ for the evening (vs. $300 for the rental alone) but it sounds like some of you are getting much lower quotes for the DJ. Although I think we got that before Rebecca came on. Can you all give me more detail on what you are getting for the price for the DJ and sound system?

And thanks Sarah, for the great info! It's so hard to really picture it all (we haven't been there and can't afford to go down before the wedding) so all the info is really helpful!

Thanks!
        Our pricing for the DJ is only for the reception - I did not include the ceremony portion (which is additional). When you are looking at pricing for DJs (or any service for that matter), make sure you are comparing apples to apples... One bride may only have a 3 hour reception while yours may be 4 or 5... one bride may be supplying all the music, another may not... One may include lights, another no extras... Your best bet is to contact Rebeca and get a quote from her and ask exactly what it includes :)

Jenn

#124 sarahLambert08

sarahLambert08
        • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

K, guys....Jamie syas the resort is absolutly beautiful, decor optional because of the beauty. Thats what promovision says as well. Everyone he talks to in PV raves about Dreams, so us brides should have no worries!!

Rebecca is super sweet he says and between the gazebo/beach... he said eathier is stunning, just the shoes situation would be what you've got to think about.
          we've been told to pre-book your spa and hair/makeup about a week before arrival.

I am so relaxed...this is great!!!

Ready to be HITCHED!!
          Sarah

#125 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Sarah, that's great! Sounds like a great future hubby you've got there!

#126 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
            • 118 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the info Sarah! We leave next weekend - I can hardly wait!!!! I just got back from picking up my dress so it is feeling REAL!! I broke down in tears at the seamstress's place because I was just so amazed how great of a job she did.

I cannot wait to meet Rebeca - she has been sooooo awesome over email!

:)
              Jenn

#127 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Oh Jenn! I'm so excited for you. Your post gave me goosebumps!

#128 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
                • Banned
                • 494 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Jenn

I haven't been on much lately, but I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how it goes. REmember to enjoy this time, because it will go fast. You are going to be an amazing bride and have the time of your life.

Congrats and Best Wishes
                  Kathy

#129 EmilyM

EmilyM
                  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Can someone please share Rebecca's email address? I'm starting to think about the welcome dinner and want to find out prices. Thanks!

#130 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
                    • 118 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

You can reach Rebeca through the main weddings email address:
                      weddings@dreamspuertovallarta.com.mx

Jenn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users