DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#1261 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

we didn't have an mc either - we just asked one of the groomsmen to do it. since it was so informal and casual, i don't even think he had to announce anything. everyone just watched us get up to have our first/father - daughter/mother - son dances, and when people wanted to make speeches, they just got on the mike. totally unnecessary, imoho.

#1262 gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow
    • 125 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Well, after hearing about this day pass option, I emailed Rebcecca and she confirmed it! yay! although, even her response was slightly confusing - she said it's $90 pp not including meals. But then in the contract she attached, it clearly says it's $90 INCLUDING the dinner at the function.  Whatever, not a huge deal!

So I emailed a few photographers for quotes. I included Elizbeth Lloyd, even though i pretty much was sure she would be out of our budget - but I love her work.  Well, she has an assistant, Kierten Rowland, that you can also book. She was the Knot's former editor and shoots wedding in NYC in the winter and comes to PV during wedding season.  Her work is seriously good and very affordable (well more so than Elizabeth).  So that's who we are getting! Check on the photographer issue!!

#1263 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
      • 307 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hi Girls- Im working on an intinerary for our group.  Does anyone know what time mexican fiesta night starts??  I know it goes until 9pm. 

Gowiththeflow- thats so exciting!! Im going to look Elizabeth's assistant up.  We booked Elizabeth for ours.  Did you see her latest wedding on her blog?? They had both her and Nate! 

#1264 gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow
        • 125 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

I just checked my emails from Rebecca - the fiesta starts at 7.  We are having a bonfire at 830 that night. Also, if you are planning on going to the fiesta for dinner, Rebecca said they can reserve enough table for the entire group if you tell them ahead of time. 

#1265 coolashellmel

coolashellmel
          • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

@gowiththeflow - We also booked Kiersten for our wedding on 4-16!

So I am still talking with Samantha and wondering if she's just going to be our planner? She has never mentioned just being the group planner. Everyone on here mentions Rebecca- has anyone worked with Samantha for their whole wedding?

-MEL

#1266 gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow
            • 125 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

@coolashellmel - that's a week after mine! How fun.  Yeah, Im really excited to have found her.  We might even do the photobooth and give a picture and frame as our favors.  

I have only been working with Rebecca - sorry.

#1267 tlc9b

tlc9b
              • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

We finally scheduled a bonfire for the Friday night before our wedding beginning at 8:30 and going until 10:30. I was thinking about bringing an ipod and speakers to play during the bonfire. Has anyone done this before? Can you even hear the music on the beach? We might end up renting some equipment from the resort if needed. Just wondering if other people who have done bonfires had music playing? My parents also want to do a slideshow and are thinking about doing this at the bonfire. Anyone done this before? Thanks for any advice you guys have.

#1268 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                • 307 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

thanks!  We are having the bonfire after the fiesta but at 9pm.  Samantha said the mariachi starts at 830 and goes till 9 so I didnt have it start till then.  Im not sure they can reserve tables for 53 people though.  

I just checked my emails from Rebecca - the fiesta starts at 7.  We are having a bonfire at 830 that night. Also, if you are planning on going to the fiesta for dinner, Rebecca said they can reserve enough table for the entire group if you tell them ahead of time. 

#1269 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
                  • 210 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hi girls!  Any BDW brides getting married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta this weekend?  My fiance and I are going on vacation there Saturday-Thursday.  We are planning our wedding in Riviera Maya, but it would be nice to see a destination wedding in the works and to get ideas!

#1270 gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow
                    • 125 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

Hey ladies - I need help!  I know this has been covered - I tried to search the thread and really can't find it!  I'm trying to make my welcome brochures (yay vistaprint - free!) and I would like to include daily activities or theme nights as well as what time the bars and restaurants are open/closed.  If anyone can point me to the correct post, or just has the info, I would be grateful!

Also, if no one know the daily themes and activities - where can my guests get that info once they are there? IS a daily sheet put under each door? Is there a big activity board somewhere on the resort? Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users