| Originally Posted by gowiththeflow |
Hi ladies! This forum has been a little quiet lately, so I thought I would add something! Well, we booked our room today, so hopefully our deposit will be charged soon. We are so excited and it feels a lot more real now.
We have been going back and forth about sending STDs. We were thinking this: it seems from other brides, a lot of people start booking once they get the STDs. So why send both? Why not send just an invite (with a ton of info) earlier than usual. We do have a website and were thinking we could direct people there as well. Plus we just don't know when to start sending everything. I looked at the thread that discusses it, but everyone has a different opinion, so who knows? Our date is April 9, 2011. Any opinions or suggestions?
Also, we are not using a TA. We have found that rates we find online are cheaper. Plus the room block rate Dreams gave us is still a few hundred more than what we have found. Our one problem: I was looking for rates for for my future SILs. They both have babies that will be 1 and 2. Every online search engine says infants are not allowed in the old tower. I know this is not true. I emailed dreams, but no response. They would want a deluxe room to save $$. I wonder if they could just book one and then add on the infant on arrival?
Ok, I guess that's enought for now! Hope everyone's planning is going good.
* Most TA's will help you with price matching and TA's are affiliated with the online sites. For example we found the cheapest price through apple vacations and our TA was able to lock in those rates for us.
* You can earn credits for example... for every "x" amount of rooms booked you will receive "x" amount of rooms free and "x" amount of free upgrades.
* Your TA will be able to negotiate transfers to and from the airport and resort usually at no additional cost.... Which your guests will really appreciate.
* In most cases... Your guest will only have to pay a deposit to hold the room verses paying for everything all at once. (this is also helpful and applies when purchasing airfare)
* They will submit the listing to Dreams to make sure that those guest rooms are assigned to your wedding party so you will not be charged extra for day passes or for the dinner etc. Also when available they can try and put your party somewhat together like on the same floor.
* TA will also provide a listing to you with regards to who has booked,arrival/departure dates, and what type room .... which might not sound important, but when you have OOT bags to deliver and events to plan it comes in handy.
* Your TA will address any concerns or requests your guests might have on a one on one basis. (you will not believe all requests and questions you will get... everything from can you put me on the first floor to passports and vaccinations to crime in Mexico)
* And most importantly... if something goes wrong you have a specific person to raise hell with. I don't need to worry or stress about calling a 1-800 number or calling between certain hours.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.