Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So the only information I have gotten out of the wedding coordinator is that they will no longer be a Dreams/AMResort as of April 20 2014. They aren't able to confirm bookings or give prices for anything thereafter, and they dont know who the new owner will be. I don't trust the situation and it make me uneasy not knowing who will own them, if they are keeping it open, what the prices will be, my guests not being able to book until may, etc. etc. etc....so I am changing resorts. Now headed to the Secrets PV/Now Amber. They actually are transferring my deposit for me too. If anyone worked with Fatima when she was at Dreams PV, she is the new coordinator at SecretsPV/Now Amber too. Very excited :)
Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. (On my cell phone). I'm thinking of switching resorts also because I just got the news about Dreams PV shutting down on April 20th & my wedding is April 19th 2014. I'm happy to hear Fatima is over at Secrets Amber/Now as I was working with her too. Was there a bug price increase to switch to that resort? So glad others are posting about this. I kinda freaked out when I heard the news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisa555 View Post


Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. (On my cell phone). I'm thinking of switching resorts also because I just got the news about Dreams PV shutting down on April 20th & my wedding is April 19th 2014.
I'm happy to hear Fatima is over at Secrets Amber/Now as I was working with her too. Was there a bug price increase to switch to that resort?
So glad others are posting about this. I kinda freaked out when I heard the news.

 

No there wasn't a big price increase at all. Actually, the wedding packages are all the same prices...The cost for travel was fairly similar as well.

 

If you are looking for more information, the new owner is going to be Playa Resorts by the Hyatt...http://playaresorts.com/ourResorts.php Looks like no changes will be made until Q3 2014, so your April wessing should be fine I would think.

 

Sorry if this is repeat information (If you are on the big thread via email right now that one of the 2014 Dreams brides started) At least we are kinda getting answers now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurekcarrera View Post
 

 

No there wasn't a big price increase at all. Actually, the wedding packages are all the same prices...The cost for travel was fairly similar as well.

 

If you are looking for more information, the new owner is going to be Playa Resorts by the Hyatt...http://playaresorts.com/ourResorts.php Looks like no changes will be made until Q3 2014, so your April wessing should be fine I would think.

 

Sorry if this is repeat information (If you are on the big thread via email right now that one of the 2014 Dreams brides started) At least we are kinda getting answers now!

Yeah, I did get that email. I was so glad that bride reached out. Definitely helped with getting as much info as possible from different people. I appreciate you getting back to me. I'm happy to hear there wasn't a big increase in price and that you are excited for the new location! Gives me hope if I decide to switch too. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny2014 View Post
 


I just spoke with my travel agent and he said my party should be okay, as we booked air and rooms together. I am sending in my wedding deposit form tonight/ tomorrow and will hopefully secure that in now.

 

I don't see why a new owner wouldn't honour the bookings- I am worried about a price difference, but we will see what happens!


Hey Jenny! Are you on the regular email string with all the Dreams PV brides? If not, I can add you if you'd like...

 

There is a lot of hearsay, but apparently Dreams has canceled some of the other brides' weddings (in April) and other brides are switching locations too. Their guests aren't able to get reservations after April 20 because of the new ownership and potential construction. This info is coming from various parties including travel agents, contacts at the Dreams, etc., but all seems to still be unclear and there is not definitive answer.

 

If you are able to still set your deposit and you already have your rooms booked for September, then that's awesome and you may not be affected by this!!!! The new owner's website says that the "re-branding" should be done in Q4 of 2014, so maybe it will be just perfect for your wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

Originally Posted by futurekcarrera View Post

 

Hey Jenny! Are you on the regular email string with all the Dreams PV brides? If not, I can add you if you'd like...

 

There is a lot of hearsay, but apparently Dreams has canceled some of the other brides' weddings (in April) and other brides are switching locations too. Their guests aren't able to get reservations after April 20 because of the new ownership and potential construction. This info is coming from various parties including travel agents, contacts at the Dreams, etc., but all seems to still be unclear and there is not definitive answer.

 

If you are able to still set your deposit and you already have your rooms booked for September, then that's awesome and you may not be affected by this!!!! The new owner's website says that the "re-branding" should be done in Q4 of 2014, so maybe it will be just perfect for your wedding!

 

I'm not on the email string for Dreams brides... so if you could add me, that would be great! jenny.mccallum@gmail.com

 

Eleane wouldn't put my deposit through until she had confirmed pricing from the new owner, but she did keep my date reserved. My TA didn't seem worried, nor had he been contacted about changing the dates, so accordingly, everything will go forward for my guests and us for September 2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×