DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Ok thats what I thought...

Karen, we are doing a mixture of rooms for all our different budgets...some of our friends just want the least expensive so they are going deluxe...others want the suites - we did about 1/2 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
I'm also using Teresa, for May '10, and she said if 30 rms are booked we'll get ours free (assuming it's in the same class of rooms). We're leaning towards the room block of 20 so we can avoid putting down a deposit but if we get to 30 that'd be great.

I also thought deluxe rooms were only in the old tower, but maybe not. Trying to figure out if we can request only the club tower & have a mix of deluxe rms & jr suites. What did you all do?
hello karen would it be possible that you send me the contact details of Teresa? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren View Post
but if you get confirmation of it, print it out and bring it with you. they tried to tell us that we hadn't been upgraded.
oh, and if you weren't planning on it, print every email and bring it with you. that way you have immediate proof of everything from menu choice to flowers.
Good call Lauren! I've been messed around before, by a different resort in PV, when I didn't have e-mail proof of the upgrade.

I will definitely be printing everything out and bringing it down, thanks for the heads up.

My TAs name is Jewell Ramos and she's been fantastic - you can find her contact info through WorldView Travel. I found her through Conde Nast - she is one of their recommended TAs for Mexico. She is an outside agent for WorldView and also has an agency she works for in PV itself. She was really diligent in pressing the hotel to lower their rates (they wanted to save our block of rooms at a rate that was higher than the current rate on their internet site!). And she is super responsive - she was working at midnight on Christmas Eve trying to secure our dates!

We blocked a group of rooms (20) - half deluxe in the old tower (all of the deluxe are in the old tower) and half jr club suites with and without jacuzzi (all are in the new tower). We went conservative because we didn't want to get stuck with rooms but if we have to add some we will. People said they would be quick to reserve but that hasn't been the case, even with people who are definitely going, so that has been a little frustrating since we want to get a sense of whether we'll need more rooms. We had to put a small deposit down but it will eventually go towards our room.

Anyway, we were told we would get the free room with the 20 rooms booked but it hasn't actually happened yet so we'll see! We're not budgeting betting on it since you never know (about our guests or the hotel - it was mentioned after so now that I think about it I don't have that written from the hotel, just my TA). I think it really does depend on the deal your TA was able to work out. Our room prices are a little higher than others I've seen, although they do include airport transfer and I haven't seen any around the time we are doing our wedding, just other months.

Anyway, if you're looking for a TA, I highly recommend Jewell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&Rwedding View Post
I too am having my wedding ceremony at The Dreams Resort and my guests are staying there.

Is anyone having a welcome reception there? Taking advantage of the fact the drinks/food would already be part of the all-inclusive? We are trying to save a little money and were thinking of just having everyone meet up at a pool bar and doing a little gathering there.

Thoughts.

Is anyone using Kristin from DD to do their wedding? I am but not communicating at all with the Dreams and not sure if I have too.

BEst to everyone
hello
I just to ask who's your photog/ videographer?
thanks

Here's a link to all of the submitted photos to Trip Advisor-- there are several of the new suites, which are tough to find. As well as some really tasty shots of the food!

There are quite a few (to the tune of about 1800) so take your time. lol

Photos of Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta - Resort Images - TripAdvisor

Cheers!

Aww, crap. I posted a whole bunch of videos and documents--then MY COMP CRASHED! sad.gif

So I'll give it another try.

The BEST *need to know* link. Everything from square footage of meeting rooms, list of all the bars, ALL room types w/ amenities and theme nights:

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort - Reservations - Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort - Photos - Testimonials, Pefect beach vacation, All-Inclusive -Judy & Maria's Travel

Video w/ full ceremony dialogue (anyone looking to hear specifics)

YouTube - S&H Wedding Video Clip 1

Wedding March 07 ( a little dated, but great beach pics)

Ceremony

YouTube - Ch. 1 - "I do" & Sunset Pictures

Sunset pics and Reception

YouTube - Ch. 2 - More Sunset Pics & Start of Reception (Jay's Intro)

Again, a little dated, but it gives you a great idea of the vibe during the wedding week!

YouTube - Our Destination Wedding in Puerto Vallarta - June 2006

This one is from last Feb.

YouTube - Puerto Vallarta Dream Wedding Photo & Video Hotel Wedding

Firedancers at Dreams PV (This TOTALLY made me want them for the reception!)

YouTube - Puerto Vallarta Fire Dancing

I'll keep on hunting...

I just had a friend to who got back from PV last week and I have seen a lot of people inquire about taxi service, she stayed at the DReams and got a taxi from the airport there were 3 of them and the total trip was $18.

Great price compared to what I was quoted by my TA and Dreams.