DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

FI's brother got married at Dreams Cancun last year and the only thing they had a problem with moneywise was the champagne. Everyone got a glass of the good stuff because it was included in the wedding package, but after that the servers kept pouring it and FBIL ended up getting charged. They were pretty ticked. So make sure they only serve the free stuff or lay out the ground rules before the reception.

Hey girls, I was wondering if anyone had any draft of any pre-wedding reminder letters for Dreams....?

I was going to get those free post cards from VP, but there wasn't enough room for me to get the info on it, so I just picked up paper and envelopes from Office Max that had palm trees and lawn chairs on it and it was only about $14 for all of it.

So, I was planning on either sending out reminders once people book, or sending them all out in October? What do you girls think?

I think I should send them out as people book, because then I can remind them about their passports in enough time in case they need to renew them or anything.

Here is what I want to put in the letter:

-Thank you (obviously)

-Passport Reminder

-PVR airport info

-Dress code for each restaurant

-Brief itinerary

Can you girls think of anything else I'm forgetting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
Rebeca told me there was no extra charge, but you never know....
She also told me that the balance isn't paid until the day after the wedding, that we sit down and add it all up and then pay her. That worries me a little, that all these expenses will come up randomly. I just plan on being strict with her when we sit down and making sure everything we have set doesn't change during the actual ceremony night.
i had a contract that i sent gaby ahead of time with a layout of the expenses. it really wasn't necessary, but you could make a spreadsheet of the expenses and go over it at the pre-wedding consultation. we paid when we checked out a week later.

Oh, and I have a question for ladies who have been there...instead of the traditional rehearsal dinner, we are thinking of doing a beach bonfire. Is it too hot at night for a bonfire in Nov? Does anyone know?

Hi Jaime,

Did you and your FI decide on doing a beach bonfire? Is there a cost with this? Are you having dinner out there or just meeting up after dinner?

Thanks!

Jaclyn

Hey Jill - I've attached a rough draft of the pre-wed brochures I am thinking about ordering. It's not the best quality, but gives you an idea. It's $20 + $5 shipping from vistaprint for 50 brochures. As of this minute I'm planning on sending them out the end of October. But like the idea of sending them out as reminders for people when they book.

pre_wed_brochure.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
My photog just posted some pics that he took at a Dreams PV bonfire. I can't help on the price stuff, but the pics make me want to have a beach bonfire!

Destination Wedding – Puerto Vallarta license to Still
Autumn- I saw these photos on his site too! I check it all the time to see anything he has updated. Those bonfire pics were pretty awesome and makes me so much more excited he will be taking the pictures at my wedding!!