DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
On the rehearsal dinner subject - I was sent tons of quotes and info from restaurants and other BDW brides. There were some great rates as other brides have mentioned, but I think I came to a conclusion. We were going to take everyone out offsite to dinner, but I think we are cancelling it all. We will do the rehearsal and then whoever wants to just eat together at the resort will. My girlfriend said that it might be better for us not to have an 'event' scheduled every night -so that guests can have time to theirselves to enjoy their "vacation." We are doing a welcome gathering on Wed, wedding on Friday, so I figure have nothing scheduled on thursday so that guests can just go on excursions etc. etc.
Does anyone feel like that is just totally rude not to have a formal rehearsal dinner? We will still go to dinner with our parents probably but just at the resort at one of the restaurants.
I don't think it is rude at all. We aren't really scheduling one either, we may take our bridal party and parents to dinner after the rehearsal but that is it. If we even do anything, I don't even know if I will be up for it. I just kind of want to chill the night before and not have to think about a big event and the coordination of a big rehearsal dinner. I think as long as you are at one of the Dreams restaurants people can come join you if they would like the night before!

I totally donâ€t think it is rude to not have a rehearsal dinner. We are going to have a “happy hour†each night at one of the bars (Thursday @ Rendezvous, Friday @ El Patio) then if people want to go eat with us at one of the hotel restaurants they can. We know we probably canâ€t sit together but really can you talk to 50 people at one time anyways?!?! Basically our entire itinerary is just being available to our guests. We are letting people know where we will be and they can come hang out if they want – no pressure.

We are going to get a cake to celebrate other occasions on Friday at happy hour. We have a bunch of birthdays, anniversaries and even a couple using the trip as their honeymoon so we thought it would be nice to take the spotlight off of us and thank our guests for taking time from their lives to be with us on our wedding.

Quote:
On the rehearsal dinner subject - I was sent tons of quotes and info from restaurants and other BDW brides. There were some great rates as other brides have mentioned, but I think I came to a conclusion. We were going to take everyone out offsite to dinner, but I think we are cancelling it all. We will do the rehearsal and then whoever wants to just eat together at the resort will. My girlfriend said that it might be better for us not to have an 'event' scheduled every night -so that guests can have time to theirselves to enjoy their "vacation." We are doing a welcome gathering on Wed, wedding on Friday, so I figure have nothing scheduled on thursday so that guests can just go on excursions etc. etc.

Does anyone feel like that is just totally rude not to have a formal rehearsal dinner? We will still go to dinner with our parents probably but just at the resort at one of the restaurants.

Lauren's planning thread is the whole reason I am on BDW! FI actually found her thread when he was surfing for OOT stuff and I couldn't believe how awesome she made everything look. Thanks Lauren for being such an inspiration!

Quote:
Lauren, I have to admit, once in a while, I always go back to your review, planning thread, and pics! It gets me more and more excited!

I can't wait to see more reviews!

yeah I don't think it is rude either Jill - especially because you are planning other meet-ups. I know when people go to a DW they expect some sort of activity besides the wedding - so you are good.

We're only doing ours because that is all we have planned besides the actual wedding. Plus we got an awesome deal offsite at BananaCantina restaurant.

Jaclyn - I'm getting married on the 3rd! Maybe we'll overlap? When are you getting there?

Hi Jamie,

We arrive the day of your wedding, 11/3-11/10! We will have two fun wedding parties in town and will definitely intermingle on site!!! My FI and I may come sneak a peak at your wedding and reception set up if you don't mind?

Jaclyn

Quote:
Lauren, I have to admit, once in a while, I always go back to your review, planning thread, and pics! It gets me more and more excited!
I can't wait to see more reviews!
Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Lauren's planning thread is the whole reason I am on BDW! FI actually found her thread when he was surfing for OOT stuff and I couldn't believe how awesome she made everything look. Thanks Lauren for being such an inspiration!
thanks guys! i still go back to it too :) a lot of things have changed there, but there was no one here that had been married at dreams pv when i joined/got married, so i figured it would be helpful for the future. i've even noticed that some girls have taken the same pics as us (jumping into the pool).

i think i've mentioned that all of my stuff is still there, so the candle holders, orange fabric, cake topper etc. should still be there.

if you're not sure about timing, better to have too much time for pics than not enough. who cares if the reception ends at 9 or 11 - you can go to one of the bars after!

Hi Lauren,

Your pictures are great!!!! I have a question for you regarding the chairs you used. Did you have to pay extra (or is anyone) for the chairs/covers or were they included? Rebeca sent me pictures of bamboo chairs and avant guard chairs and said they were both an extra $7 per chair! Can you let me know what your chairs were 'called' and if they cost any extra?

Thanks!

Jaclyn

jaclyn, mine were included. originally they were not (in the 2007 prices), but when they were added into the 2008 package, i demanded to have them. if i had to do it again, i still would not pay for them b/c honestly, who's going to remember the chairs? i'd rather spend $ on what was placed on the chairs (tissues, fans, ecofetti, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren View Post
jaclyn, mine were included. originally they were not (in the 2007 prices), but when they were added into the 2008 package, i demanded to have them. if i had to do it again, i still would not pay for them b/c honestly, who's going to remember the chairs? i'd rather spend $ on what was placed on the chairs (tissues, fans, ecofetti, etc.).

I hear ya! With 70 people at $7 a chair and that's a pretty penny that can definitely be used elsewhere.

Thanks!