DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• 3 weeks later...

Advice on figuring your budget....So I'm planning on getting my rooms at Dreams PV and having the ceremony/reception there - the whole thing!

My FI parents and my parents are pitching in some, but I need to come up with rough budget for the ceremony/wedding day that we all can look at. Doesn't have to include flight info etc. just the wedding day.

I was just going off the DReams website packages? Then adding about $55/per person (I saw that on the website somewhere) since I will be going over the 20 people the package includes. Then adding any extras on the "extras" webpage. OBviously, leaving some room for other things. I'm assuming prices will increase for 2010, but again, I'm just trying to figure out where to start. I have emailed Dreams twice within the last two months with no response. I assume they don't care to get back to me since my wedding is so far away. I just figure I can't really settle on anything until I start with my budget.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!....Where did you start?....

I haven't settled on a TA yet, but working on that too.

-Jill

Jill, I am a Dreams 2010 bride and I was successful in getting my date and Diana to respond by the help of my travel agent. She was able to get the date for me and the best possible price as an "early bird." Also another tip when emailing diana put in the Heading "3rd email" or something to that effect. If you would like my TA info just let me know. She is wonderful and has a great repore with Dreams.

Christin

I'm so excited!! I found my TA!! I actually grew up with her kids so I've known her for years and I can trust her and she is awesome!!

Susan said she would get answers from Dreams for me and she already gave me an idea for pricing so I can finalize my budget.

Now, my FI and I just have to decide whether we want Feb or May 2010 - huge price difference, but we really want Feb....since we are staying a week, we can save over $1000 just by staying in May vs Feb and our guests would save $300/person approx too

can't decide whether to wait two more months and save our guests money or have it in feb when we really want....hmmmmm.....

I'm just excited that I got my TA lined up!

Oh, and we decided to prob go to Riviera Maya & Cozumel for another week after for our honeymoon....looking at Karisma Resorts (I believe El Dorado's...)

pinkie.gif

Princess if you get a chance to dine at Boca Bento in Mismaloya at Iguana Hotel I would love some pictures. They use to have the restaurant in Zona Romantica and I loved everything about it. Location, food, Stewart (owner) and now they relocated. This is an exciting move for them, but before I decided to do a few more events there I would love to see some pictures. I know it is a little out of the way, but if you get down there some pics would be appreciated.

Eating there isn't a bad thing either. The food is amazing.

Thankssmile78.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Jenn-

I found out through my WC for 1 hour of open bar plus passed apps at the DReams resort, includes private waiters, for $20 pp. To me this sounds kind of high considering it is already all-inclusive.

There is a few places in Zona Romantica that does some great things for Welcome Receptions/Rehearsal Dinners. I got prices from $28-$55, or so. Check Boca Bento (stewart@bocabento.com) or check The Beach House Marco is the owner. There is also a place called Fajita Republic that is really cute and the food is amazing.

Best

Kathy

Kathy - I've just decided that I'm going to use Kristin from DD and am SO excited! Great to hear that you've been really happy with her service. How exactly does the process work? Did she send you a few ideas for the "theme" for you to choose from? Is there anything above and beyond what Kristin supplies that I should be taking care of?

Thanks so much!

Jen

Jen-

I am a huge fan of Kristin. She seriously has been nothing but amazing. I really mean that. I honestly couldn't do this without her, basically because I have done nothing.

The things I have done on my part are the following:

I create inspiration pages for her. Meaning I copy and pasted pictures from other weddings and things that inspire me. I wanted her to know my taste and likes vs. dislikes. I think by the end of me sending her pictures, which I did twice but they were both like 4 pages long; she understood me better than I did myself. fryingpan.gif

She will send you questionaire/planning emails and give you a deadline to turn them in. This has been our main communication.

I have reached out to her for advise on locations for other events, inspiration for my wedding dress and other ideas to entertain my guests.

I hope that has helped some. I am getting ready to reach out to her to see what she needs me to do... In that aspect I am not sure yet, but should soon.

I will keep you posted.

AGain congrats....