DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Only the brides hair is included in some (not sure if all) of the packages, but I think their is a 15% (or something like that) discount for other salon services... you would have to double check.

Originally Posted by danasb788 View Post

For all the past Dreams brides... Does anyone know how much it costs for bridesmaids hair to be done at the Dreams salon? My girls are asking but I am not sure since my hair is included. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!!

see my comments a couple posts above... I'd suggest starting earlier and just advise your guests of the change. It's your wedding day so I don't think anyone will mind the change (and too bad if they do ;o)

Originally Posted by MissJuliaDana View Post

Yeah, I'm reading through all this, and I'm rather concerned about our timeline. As it stands, our schedule is such:

I'm rather concerned that that is going to be really tight time wise, and I really dont want it to feel rushed all night long. I've already sent invitations out....would it be in poor taste to tell the guests they ceremony time has been pushed forward??????? 

6:00-6:30pm: Ceremony at Sea Side Beach

6:30-7:30pm: Cocktail hour with appetizers

7:30-10:30pm: Reception+Dinner+lots of fun! J

The video was dubbed over in English... it was about 20 min long. see above for more info.

H everyone. Just curious if anyone had the legal ceremony performed by the judge. Just wanted to know how that went...the 'classes' blood tests etc. Also was it performed in English? Any feedback would be helpful!! Thanks!

That's very helpful..thanks!  So I just want to make sure I understand...assuming the judge comes on time, he will conduct our ceremony in Spanish and then his translator will repeat in English and vice versa?  Did you guys write your own vows or did you use the standard (I assume they have standard ones?)

Originally Posted by Dreams2011 View Post

We had a legal marriage this past January at Dreams PV. We arranged everything through Patricia Romo and a very sweet young lady picked us up at the hotel (arranged by Patricia) to take us for our pre nuptial class (video on the sanctity of marriage and family) as well as the blood tests. Everything went fine. The blood tests are done differently to how they are done in Canada (not sure about the USA), but it went fine. Everything was fresh out of the package and the girl taking our blood was gentle. The young lady who picked us up also did the translation for the judge.

The judge was 30-40 minutes late for our wedding. Apparently the original judge fell ill so this one had to come on short notice (and arrived in jeans and a plaid dress shirt.... needless to say my mother was not impressed, but my husband and I are frequent flyers to Mexico and are aware of their laid back style... a little dressier would have been nice however, but not a huge deal). Everything was a little behind from this point so if there is a way to proceed if the judge is late then do the legal stuff later then you may want to do that (however I like doing everything when it is suppose to be done so would have opted just to wait regardless). Plus if you have to take time out to do the legal stuff later you may not really save any time.

We had our ceremony at 3pm and I would strongly suggest having it earlier than later if you have lots of things you want to do (cocktail hour, bride/groom photos, group photos, 3 course meal, 1st dance, father/daughter etc dances, speeches, cake, bouquet toss, and time for dancing and socializing). Even starting at 3pm (well I guess 3:40ish since the judge was late) we felt rushed. I actually asked to start even earlier (2pm), but 3pm was the earliest the resort would allow (time to set up was the excuse).

Hope this helps.

Yes, the judge would say a few sentences in Spanish then the translator would say in English then the judge would continue in Spanish and so on. We did write our own vows and said them when exchanging our rings, which is permissible (there is standard vows that you can do the 'repeat after me' with if you prefer) You cannot alter however the contents of what the judge must say. Make sure you let the translator know before the ceremony if you have written your own vows to say (and maybe let Patricia Romo know as well if that is who you are coordinating your legal ceremony through).

That's very helpful..thanks!  So I just want to make sure I understand...assuming the judge comes on time, he will conduct our ceremony in Spanish and then his translator will repeat in English and vice versa?  Did you guys write your own vows or did you use the standard (I assume they have standard ones?)

I paid $350 for mine in October and worked with Eleane. weddings.drepv@dreamsresorts.com  She was really easy to work with. 

Maybe the price varies on time of year for some reason?

Below is the email she wrote me.  She also said the marshmallows come with sticks, so we'd just have to bring the graham crackers and hard chocolate to make s'mores.

The cost is $350 US Dollars and is for 2 hours, includes:

•             Set up at the beach with pool chairs around the bonfire

•             Open premium bar for 2 hours

•             Waiter service

•             Cookies

•             Chocolate fondue

•             Marshmallows

Originally Posted by jeigh02 View Post

Thank you, who did you contact in regards to the bonfire? do you have a direct # or email?

Bonfire: We had one. It was $400 for 64 people and the price varies depending on people (I think $300-400). We had waiter service the entire time. The bonfire was SOO WORTH IT!! We had a sign made (lawn sign - Vistaprint) to keep resort guests out. It had our picture and it said "Cory & Kerri's Bonfire....Wedding guests only" It looked cute.

298404_10150344263570479_563590478_10101320_3833231_n.jpgOur bonfire as seen from the deluxe tower.

DSCF2749.JPGDSCF2742.JPG297772_576731069529_37800663_32605356_4780908_n.jpg

Hair: It was $59 for all of my bridesmaids hair (long or short) and $49 for makeup. I paid for it as part of their gift and had it billed to my room, but they will bill it to their rooms if you aren't paying. Also, people have said it is small in the salon. It is, there are 3 salon stations and a sink, but we fit 6 of us in there with no problem and all hung out in there while we were getting our hair/make up done.

299871_576731343979_37800663_32605373_5119935_n.jpg

Hi Ladies, 

I'm getting married at Dreams in March 2012, have any of you had any guests not staying at Dreams attend your wedding and what were your experiences with that? My fiance's family is from PV area and wont be staying at the hotel but just coming for the wedding. Any feedback would be appreciated!